compiz half there half not? [Solved]

Compiz, KDE, Gnome, Fluxbox, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

compiz half there half not? [Solved]

Postby smardy » Wed Jul 02, 2008 0:54

well I'm completely spritzed up to date w00t! etc etc..
but funny thing while I have rotating desktop, 3d windows, wobbly etc
For some reason, I always get the same animation closing/minimising,(don't know what it's called zoom maybe) I can't get burn to work anymore even though it's checked, and can't paint fire. I've checked and unchecked and logged on off. But no change?
Also no wallpaper in back of cube... just black...
image loading jpg is selected..

whats the story there? any help thanks :)
smardy
Simple Hen

Re: compiz half there half not?

Postby wolfden » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:07

check your key bindings for fire

make sure you set skydome with a valid path to an image

look at your min, closing, opening and max settings - make the correct selections you want for each
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby smardy » Wed Jul 02, 2008 21:25

well now you say skydome that makes much more sense! I was trying to do it with draw wallpaper! duhhh! :oops:

The default settings have change a bit at some stage for minimise and close, it used to be "random" and by unchecking boxes you could be left with burn only. But now it is zoom or something I change it back. Thanks - my fault for not looking, I hadn't understood how it worked originally..

As for the key bindings for fire. Well, now... It's like this, they are untouched and they used to work. But
ctrl super button 1 for drawing on desktop flashes the start kmenu. I don't think It's picking them up together... hum, ideas there?
smardy
Simple Hen

Postby wolfden » Wed Jul 02, 2008 21:40

the super button is tied to the kmenu - change the keybindings
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby smardy » Wed Jul 02, 2008 22:17

I get that it's tied to the kmenu, and I have changed it, now it works great thanks for all the help.. :D
(I would have thought whoever set up the default ought have known about super, surely it's the same on theirs. there are lots of combos not allowed already in use probably)

I notice that skydome won't take just any jpg either, I've got plenty that work, but my first pick didn't, no idea why
http://www.gamersgallery.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/93403/size/big/cat/
It's quite nice you might like to look.

fyi I've gone for the hubble ultra deep field, interesting story behind it and what it reveals if you're interested in that sort of thing which personally I am http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap040309.html

--Insidentally rather than start a new topic, I got loop 3 and spritz is all up to date, does that mean I have the same as the 3.5 stable? (with a few of my own customisations..
Many thanks for your patient help.. I will get to that ntfs share wiki soon.
smardy
Simple Hen

Postby wolfden » Wed Jul 02, 2008 22:23

sabayon has the super key tied to autostart - you can remove it by deleting it out of the folder ~/.kde/Autostart

dunno why we keep that, but oh well
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby smardy » Tue Aug 19, 2008 0:11

wolfden wrote:sabayon has the super key tied to autostart - you can remove it by deleting it out of the folder ~/.kde/Autostart

great well now I'd quite like to do that. It seems I have 2 "files" in .kde/autostart
one .directory (this seems many languages, all saying autostart)
and winkey.desktop (I'm not familiar with this but are you saying this makes -Exec=xmodmap -e 'keycode 133=Menu)
Do I remove just this line or should I delete these files. or /autostart alltogether?

Inc ase I'm barking up the wrong tree altogether, I'm trying to get the desktops to go in a circle not a cube and I'm told super+tab does this.
-Now Ive checked, It's not what I thought, there was a pic during the install, of sabayon of all the desktops in a ring, not the apps, the actual desktops. I've seen it on a virtual box demo as well, but noone says how to. I checked ring switcher seems not that. -
I know I can change the key allocation in compiz, but this is at least the second time this has been in the way, and I'd like to kill it for my system. :) win blows is good for tv nothing else.
thanks
smardy
Simple Hen

Re: compiz half there half not? [Solved]

Postby Stupot » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:03

Delete the winkey file
Stupot
Sagely Hen

Postby wolfden » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:25

smardy wrote:
wolfden wrote:sabayon has the super key tied to autostart - you can remove it by deleting it out of the folder ~/.kde/Autostart

great well now I'd quite like to do that. It seems I have 2 "files" in .kde/autostart
one .directory (this seems many languages, all saying autostart)
and winkey.desktop (I'm not familiar with this but are you saying this makes -Exec=xmodmap -e 'keycode 133=Menu)
Do I remove just this line or should I delete these files. or /autostart alltogether?

Inc ase I'm barking up the wrong tree altogether, I'm trying to get the desktops to go in a circle not a cube and I'm told super+tab does this.
-Now Ive checked, It's not what I thought, there was a pic during the install, of sabayon of all the desktops in a ring, not the apps, the actual desktops. I've seen it on a virtual box demo as well, but noone says how to. I checked ring switcher seems not that. -
I know I can change the key allocation in compiz, but this is at least the second time this has been in the way, and I'd like to kill it for my system. :) win blows is good for tv nothing else.
thanks

No, it's not a key combo

It's in the compiz settings manager, you can't miss it, even has the cylinder looking icon. With compiz there is no settings guide book, you just got to look around, but this one is really obvious in the Effects section, unless you have an outdated compiz.

Those screenshots were mine by the way - the ones in the installer
wolfden
Sharecropper

Re: compiz half there half not? [Solved]

Postby smardy » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:16

excellent I've got rid of the super key thanks.

Now as to the screencaps. very impressive they are.
I like house too, how are you watching on sabayon? teatime doesn't like my card - it's too new. and myth still not there.
your circle is bigger than mine... ow er!
But I've added extra desktops and that doesn't help, even when I populate them. and the damn cube caps really need looking at even 0 opaque still there.
smardy
Simple Hen

Next

Return to 3D Desktops and Window Managers