Error starting X

Compiz, KDE, Gnome, Fluxbox, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

Error starting X

Postby xlnagla » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:37

Hello All,

I'm having a bit of an issue getting X to work properly - after a rather lengthy python-updater experience, my X server won't start - the errors that seem to be relevant are

(EE) module ABI major version (1) doesn't match the server's version (2)
(EE) Failed to load module "radeon" (module requirement mismatch, 0)
dlopen: /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input//mouse_drv.so: undefined symbol: miPointerGetMotionEvents
(EE) Failed to load /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input//mouse_drv.so
(EE) Failed to load module "mouse" (loader failed, 7)
(EE) no drivers available

obviously the radeon one is the most important, as that's my card. It looks to me like I managed to overlook several rather important libraries to update, but I don't know what they'd be called - or even if that's it. Any help would be much appreciated.

EDIT: after many potentially bad driver emerges, got X loading correctly again, only without 3D-acceleration. I take it that's a config file or compiz problem, so any help there would also be appreciated. And moderators, feel free to move the post ;)

~xlnagla
xlnagla
Sagely Hen

Re: Error starting X

Postby momocore » Mon Mar 03, 2008 19:43

did you try a revdep-rebuild -X?
momocore
Simple Hen

Re: Error starting X

Postby xlnagla » Mon Mar 03, 2008 22:10

yeah, that's all good, revdep-rebuild and python-updater all tell me nothing's wrong which is nice. I'm going to try re-emerging fusion-icon again, I managed to get compiz to load, but tons and tons of bugs ensued, so there's more to work out.

~xlnagla
xlnagla
Sagely Hen

Return to 3D Desktops and Window Managers