can't get 3D windows to work

Compiz, KDE, Gnome, Fluxbox, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

can't get 3D windows to work

Postby ARTIMUS_MK9 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 22:15

hi everybody, I can't get my 3D windows to work at all in compiz. I click the "Enable 3D Windows" box and it just reverts to being disabled. any help would be much appreciated

My graphics card is a GeForce 8500 GT. everything else works fine (wel, I can't figure out how to get the title wave option to work but that's beside the point)
ARTIMUS_MK9
Young Hen

Re: can't get 3D windows to work

Postby joost » Sun Jan 06, 2008 22:37

Known bug.

They don't work.
joost
Sagely Hen

Postby koch » Mon Jan 07, 2008 0:19

for me and 3.4 (have not tried it in 3.5 yet) they only worked with this -> http://www.sabayonlinux.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=9882
WINDOWS: Buy it, use it, break it, fix it, trash it, melt - upgrade it, charge it, pawn it, zoom it, press it, snap it, write it, get it, paste it, save it, load it, check it, plug it, play it, burn it, rip it, drag and drop it - stop. format it.
koch
Growing Hen

Postby ARTIMUS_MK9 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 21:46

well this worked for succesfuly updating compiz but now the 3D windows option isn't even there anymore. I think the problem may be with my .keywords file. now, I'm sure the answer to this is very obvious but how do I add/delete keywords from it? or what program do I use to open it?
ARTIMUS_MK9
Young Hen

Postby koch » Thu Jan 10, 2008 23:27

WINDOWS: Buy it, use it, break it, fix it, trash it, melt - upgrade it, charge it, pawn it, zoom it, press it, snap it, write it, get it, paste it, save it, load it, check it, plug it, play it, burn it, rip it, drag and drop it - stop. format it.
koch
Growing Hen

Postby wolfden » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:21

that is not the correct way to do things
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby wolfden » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:22

ARTIMUS_MK9 wrote:well this worked for succesfuly updating compiz but now the 3D windows option isn't even there anymore. I think the problem may be with my .keywords file. now, I'm sure the answer to this is very obvious but how do I add/delete keywords from it? or what program do I use to open it?

If you updated and followed the sticky in this forum the latest dev version has the 3D windows working.
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby koch » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:50

didn't try the dev-version with 3.5. the above worked for me. the only reason i did it this way was because i was too lazy :oops:
koch
Growing Hen

Postby wolfden » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:14

It's fine to do it that way or anyway you want to, but when things go messy, you're on your own to fix the problem.
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby koch » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:23

at the moment i am emerging the dev-version according to yozur how-to. being to lazy is not good.
5 more packages to emerge...

see you later

edit: i just thought about my last sync, it's been quite a few days (the emerald-problem in your how-to). anayway, if it fails i will run it again after syncing.
3 packages left.
koch
Growing Hen

Next

Return to 3D Desktops and Window Managers