KDE and Gnome Font Problems [Solved]

Compiz, KDE, Gnome, Fluxbox, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

KDE and Gnome Font Problems [Solved]

Postby Tekno_Cowboy » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:56

I was running Sabayon 3.4f live CD and I noticed that KDE and Gnome were installed without font issues. I've currently got Ubuntu with KDE and Gnome installed, and either have fonts too small in KDE and login screen and just right in Gnome, or too big in Gnome, too small at login, and just right in KDE. Could someone tell me how to solve the problem so KDE, Gnome, and the login screen all use the same font sizes?
I would just install Sabayon to my computer, as it runs great on my laptop, but it hates a few pieces of hardware I can't just do without. In abscense of that, is there a Sabayon theme package for KDE and/or Gnome?
Tekno_Cowboy
Baby Hen

Re: KDE and Gnome Font Problems

Postby Tekno_Cowboy » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:10

First off, thanks so much all of you that viewed this post, had an idea that could have helped, and did nothing.

I managed to solve this problem by setting the fonts in gnome so that kde apps look right in gnome, and then by setting the font size for gnome programs in KDE larger. There is a section in kcontrol that works with settings for gtk apps.
Tekno_Cowboy
Baby Hen

Re: KDE and Gnome Font Problems

Postby wolfden » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:34

ummmmm yea, we don't support other operating systems, so if you have an ubuntu issue you should be using their forum. If you read your first post it is very very very confusing. Regardless tho, this forum if for Sabayon Linux, not ubuntu problems.
wolfden
Sharecropper

Return to 3D Desktops and Window Managers