compiz & kde sessions

Compiz, KDE, Gnome, Fluxbox, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

compiz & kde sessions

Postby frankifol » Sun Sep 30, 2007 21:32

I've set in kde sessions "save settings from preview session". I need it because I want superkaramba and katapult to start at startup. This cause a problem: I have two compiz icons in systray and, worst of all, I have two compiz in the processes monitored with ksysguard.

I tried to set compiz in the application I want to exclude from session in kde session menu in kcontrol, but it doesn't work. Any idea to bypass this problem?
frankifol
Simple Hen

Re: compiz & kde sessions

Postby koch » Sun Sep 30, 2007 22:29

this isn't a new problem, had it too.
there are more than 1 post here with this particular problem. as far as i know the only thing is to NOT save your session.

what is moer important...compiz or superkaramba, it is your decision, one or the other is starting with kde. sorry, i know it is bad news.

perhaps there is a way to solve the problem, i had it about 6 weeks ago.
WINDOWS: Buy it, use it, break it, fix it, trash it, melt - upgrade it, charge it, pawn it, zoom it, press it, snap it, write it, get it, paste it, save it, load it, check it, plug it, play it, burn it, rip it, drag and drop it - stop. format it.
koch
Growing Hen

Postby frankifol » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:08

All right, now is there someone knowing why inserting fusion-icon in application excluded from sessions doesn't prevent kde from execute it in memorized session?
frankifol
Simple Hen

Postby koch » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:49

paerhaps because kde starts the acceleration-manager which starts C-F. not sure, just an idea...
WINDOWS: Buy it, use it, break it, fix it, trash it, melt - upgrade it, charge it, pawn it, zoom it, press it, snap it, write it, get it, paste it, save it, load it, check it, plug it, play it, burn it, rip it, drag and drop it - stop. format it.
koch
Growing Hen

Postby frankifol » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:41

It would imply that in some autostart folder I would find the executable of acceleration manager, and it would be the process that start fusion-icon or compiz....I must try
frankifol
Simple Hen

Postby Stupot » Mon Oct 01, 2007 14:06

Compiz Fusion's autostart is done a special way because Compiz needs to be started last, so you won't find it in the Autostart folder. As far as I know, you'll have to disable KDE's restore session (it annoys me as well).
Stupot
Sagely Hen

Postby frankifol » Mon Oct 01, 2007 15:57

I have sperimented a similar problem in other distros using beryl. If beryl-manager started before other applications, you wuold have found apps floating in the desktop instead of in the systray. I think that compiz fusion could cause the same. I resolved the problem using a script that launched beryl-manager from .kde/Autostart with time delay expressed in seconds. So beryl manager starts after all the other application. I'm using it in my desktop pc with arch linux and it works great.
Now I wan to to discover how compiz-fusion work to fix the problem.

ps: I checked all the autostart folder in my / directory, founding some hints only about fusion-icon and compiz. I need to "stydy" a little more
frankifol
Simple Hen

Postby koch » Tue Oct 02, 2007 0:26

your idea (skript) sounds good. would be interested in it.
koch
Growing Hen

Postby rand.a » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:13

frankifol wrote:I've set in kde sessions "save settings from preview session". I need it because I want superkaramba and katapult to start at startup. This cause a problem: I have two compiz icons in systray and, worst of all, I have two compiz in the processes monitored with ksysguard.

I tried to set compiz in the application I want to exclude from session in kde session menu in kcontrol, but it doesn't work. Any idea to bypass this problem?

I'm confused, why is it necessary to save sessions to load superkaramba and katapult? Why not just add them to autostart?
rand.a
Growing Hen

Postby Stupot » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:17

loading superkaramba via Autostart does not start the individual widgets themselves, just the program.
Stupot
Sagely Hen

Next

Return to 3D Desktops and Window Managers