Wireless Connecting is Bugged

Issues Related to Networking (Wired and Wireless)

Moderator: Moderators

Wireless Connecting is Bugged

Postby Superman » Wed Mar 21, 2012 0:01

I am using the Gnome-based Sabayon 8 -- default wireless configurations and software.... From this point, my wireless "on" button at the top right toolbar is just not working.

What can I do to gain deep understanding into Linux OS? What magical commands do I need to fix this? (It seems like, unless you know these magical commands, that you cannot know without looking it up, you are completely screwed most of the time unless you are already an expert!)

In short, I am interested in learning hardware and complicated OS's, but it seems like a lot of frustration for anyone to know a lot.
Superman
Baby Hen

Re: Wireless Connecting is Bugged

Postby vaettchen » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:03

Chances are that the Wireless is switched off by a hardware switch - often a hard to discover small sliding switch or a special function key - look for the antenna symbol, quite often on F11.

If that is not the case or does not help, look here:
https://forum.sabayon.org/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=23585&p=132298&hilit=killswitch#p132298
I went through a similar ordeal at some point. Maybe no exact fit to your situation, but you should get some more ideas where to look from there.

Have fun,
Rainer
vaettchen
Simple Hen

Return to Networking and Wireless