some days ago it works fine with NetworkManager, but (without making any changes) it stopped working sometimes. In some cases it works but in other cases it isn't, so in a time that worked i've tried to update NetworkManager, and that was all; it stopped working at all, both wired and wireless.
i've manually made a connection and now i can connect to my wired network and can ping any domain (such http://www.google.com or directly by ip) but i can't browse anything woth firefox, konqueror, and including links.
i have tested with my other machine (this) and router is working perfectly with sabayon, but in this machine i have installed wicd instead of networkmanager. I can't install wicd on my laptop because i've tried it early and didn't work with my university's wi-fi as networkmanager does ('till it misteriously dead).
it's clearly not a driver problem, and think isn't a DNS problem too (because i can ping a domain by it's name).
also, i can ping my router but can't acces the configuration page via any browser.
can't acces my netbook via samba too.
my ifconfig result is:
- Code: Select all
eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:26:22:7a:68:9f
inet addr:192.168.1.3 Bcast:192.168.1.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
inet6 addr: fe80::226:22ff:fe7a:689f/64 Scope:Link
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1320 Metric:1
RX packets:2283 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:2984 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:1
RX bytes:508075 (496.1 KiB) TX bytes:350872 (342.6 KiB)
eth1 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 90:4c:e5:07:db:06
inet6 addr: fe80::924c:e5ff:fe07:db06/64 Scope:Link
UP BROADCAST MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
RX bytes:0 (0.0 B) TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)
lo Link encap:Local Loopback
inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
RX packets:159 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:159 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
RX bytes:12596 (12.3 KiB) TX bytes:12596 (12.3 KiB)
eth0 is my wired networking card
eth1 is my wireless networking card
in eth0 (the only one i can test now) the MTU is the same that the one in my other machine, so that isn't the problem.
i hope it will be a networkmanager, dhcpcd or avahi issue and i can solve it with a little pain