Wireless not working while playng Nexuiz and Warsow.

Issues Related to Networking (Wired and Wireless)

Moderator: Moderators

Wireless not working while playng Nexuiz and Warsow.

Postby brunox69 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 17:05

Hi I'm using Sabayon 5.0 Gnome and I'm having some boring trouble when i try to have some fun with Nexuiz and Warsow,m after lunching the applications i have some seconds before the wi-fi drops :( Some times the router (d-link dir615) change the SSID to the default and some other configs get messed to if it do not happen closing the game gets the connection back. Any help are welcome

Code: Select all
04:01.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8185 IEEE 802.11a/b/g Wireless LAN Controller (rev 20)

Thanks!
brunox69
Young Hen

Re: Wireless not working while playng Nexuiz and Warsow.

Postby brunox69 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 14:11

OW Wolfstein neither i think i can't play any online game anyone knows how to solve it?
Could it be a router config?

I want to PLAY
brunox69
Young Hen

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Wed Jan 20, 2010 16:03

brunox69 wrote:Could it be a router config?

Could be. I don't play any of these games so I can't be of much help, but my router has a configuration page for 'game & application sharing', which looks something like the following:

Perhaps you have to set your router up for the games you want to play. For example, try googling "game & application sharing warsow" to see what you need to do.
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Postby brunox69 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:54

So i tried to port forward from what i found here: http://portforward.com/english/routers/ ... Warsow.htm
and :cry:

I discovered that there are more with the same problem but didn't saw any case with a solution.

At my router's config I found an item called "Application Rules" didn't find "game and application sharing" but i don't how to use it with these games the interface is that:

brunox69
Young Hen

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:24

According to the instructions and screen shots on the Web page you linked to, for your router there is a button named PORT FORWARDING on the ADVANCED menu (it's between the VIRTUAL SERVER button and the APPLICATION RULES button). According to the instructions for your router you have to click on PORT FORWARDING, not APPLICATION RULES). Did you follow the instructions on that Web page to the letter?
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Postby brunox69 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 14:40

I tried doing the port forward but had no success, so i though that the "Application Rules" option should be equivalent to that one that you mentioned i posted the interface of that option but it didn't work i 'll post again so if someone know what should i have to entry to make it work.

thanks
brunox69
Young Hen

Return to Networking and Wireless