pppoe works ok with 4.2G(x86), in 5.0G(x86) only partially

Issues Related to Networking (Wired and Wireless)

Moderator: Moderators

pppoe works ok with 4.2G(x86), in 5.0G(x86) only partially

Postby dado023 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:03

Hi,

i just downloaded sabayon 5.0 gnome, and i am having problems with INTERNET experience.
Please have in mind that i don't tend to use terminal.

i did a quick search on the forum and i see people are having network problems with 5.0, but i am not sure if this is the same issue.

I did few tests to narrow the problem:

first test
1) inserted sabayon 4.2gnome x86 32bit, and booted with live session, and used NetworkManager Applet to input my username and password for my adsl connection; result= everything works OK

second test
2) inserted sabayon 5.0gnome x86 32bit, and booted with live session, and used NetworkManager Applet to input my username and password for my adsl connection; result= regular surfing works ok, but internet services such as gmail, meebo.com...etc, wont to work.

Just to be sure i repeated those tests few times

only thing i can conclude is: something is different with default network settings in sabayon 5.0
can someone please explain what do i have to do, to make it work normally like it does in 4.2

ignore this, i am just posting it here temporary
Code: Select all
but try "wget https://www.google.com/" on a command line
[13:25] <Radtoo> and post the log to nopaste or something
[13:25] == Narugawa [n=Administ@91.151.118.1] has left #sabayon []
[13:26] <Radtoo> If it doesn't work within a few (maybe 10) seconds, hit ctrl-c and paste whatever it outputted anyways.
[13:26] == sabayonweb_47303 [i=785950ba@gateway/web/freenode/x-xkpfevokzkopgcyj] has joined #sabayon
[13:26] <DADO023> do you haev more suggetions, because currently i am on live 4.2, to these tests you are suggesting i have to reboot with 5.0 live dvd
dado023
Baby Hen

Re: pppoe works ok with 4.2G(x86), in 5.0G(x86) only partially

Postby totedati » Wed Dec 23, 2009 15:47

here pppoe in sabayon 5 not exist [Solved] is my explanation why can be problems even after a proper install of rp-pppoe package ...
linux is free, the expertise to harness it is not!
you don't make so much money selling open source software!
You make MORE money USING it, just like google!
linux registered user #352479
totedati
Technological Hen

Return to Networking and Wireless