Notebook with Sabayon WIFI problem

Issues Related to Networking (Wired and Wireless)

Moderator: Moderators

Notebook with Sabayon WIFI problem

Postby New » Mon Apr 07, 2008 18:10

Hi, I just posted my problem in the german shed, if anyone could speak german here you can see the post in german there.
I installed Sabayon 3.4f on my new Notebook with an Intel Wireless WiFi Link4965 AGN wireless card. When I started it up, I saw all wireless networks which were avaiable. But when I tried to connect to our network the router freezed, so the other people who were connected to this router couldn't surf in the internet any more. It's an WEP-Key. With Win Vista it works, but I just want to connect with Sabayon ;)
The router freezed when I tried to connect via DHCP, when I tried to have a static IP i was connected, but I could not launch the internet. Has anybody a solution for my problem? If you need more informations, just write it down :)
Greetz
New
Baby Hen

Re: Notebook with Sabayon WIFI problem

Postby xlnagla » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:45

could be an ip address issue - check to see what range of connections your router allows, and try shutting off all other connected clients before starting your connection for the first time. Also try connecting to a network somewhere else and see if that works.

~xlnagla
xlnagla
Sagely Hen

Return to Networking and Wireless