Vista Bootloader Remains After Installing Sabayon

Installer Issues via Installer -- Not for global upgrades or upgrading individual packages -- ONLY ISSUES WITH INSTALLATION OF THE OS -- Can't get Sabayon installed, than post here, otherwise use correct forums

Moderator: Moderators

Vista Bootloader Remains After Installing Sabayon

Postby dignerf » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:31

Hi all.

This is my first time venturing into the world of Linux so I am a complete newbie to this.

Originally I had a 60GB IDE hard drive with one partition containing Windows XP. I then added a 320GB SATA hard drive and used Vista to create and install itself onto a partition of 270GB and left the rest as free space. At this point my computer used the Vista boot manager and gave me the option of either OS.

Today I installed Sabayon X86-64 3.4e. I let the auto partition manager sort out the remaining space on the SATA drive and the installation was apparently successful. However, once I rebooted the computer the Vista boot manager loaded exactly as it did before installing Sabayon, therefore only allowing me to load Windows.

I have tried using the Sabayon DVD to create a new bootloader and moved it to all of the available locations to no avail.

The set up is along the lines of:

320GB SATA drive: sda
60GB IDE drive: sdb
Vista: sda1
Sabayon sda2 & sda3 (?)
XP: sdb1

Any advice on how I could get into Sabayon would be most appreciated.

Many Thanks

David

System: Athlon 64 3500, 1GB RAM, 128MB Geforce 6600GT, Creative X-Fi, ASUS A8V Deluxe mobo.
dignerf
Baby Hen

Re: Vista Bootloader Remains After Installing Sabayon

Postby WarraWarra » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:17

Hi David
Someone here already posted about something similar + the fix or it is in the wiki on top of this page not sure just use the search function top right of this page to find it.

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=8710&p=57647&hilit=vista#p57647
could help as well.
WarraWarra
Sagely Hen

Re: Vista Bootloader Remains After Installing Sabayon

Postby dignerf » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:24

Thanks Warrawarra.

The link you posted looks useful. I'll have a look through it all when I get home from work tonight.
dignerf
Baby Hen

Return to Installer Issues - Calamares **Not for Package Manager Stuff**