installed sabayon, but sound real real low

Installer Issues via Installer -- Not for global upgrades or upgrading individual packages -- ONLY ISSUES WITH INSTALLATION OF THE OS -- Can't get Sabayon installed, than post here, otherwise use correct forums

Moderator: Moderators

installed sabayon, but sound real real low

Postby darkviper5@gmail.com » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:42

hi, i have installed sabayon on my toshiba A105 and i don't get why the sound would be real low, i can barly hear it. I wish it was as loud as it is in windows xp, but i don't know how to amplify it ... someone help, i really like this linux over xp, but i also love my music.
darkviper5@gmail.com
Baby Hen

Re: installed sabayon, but sound real real low

Postby wolfden » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:16

have you adjusted it?

alsamixer or kmix to adjust volume
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby darkviper5@gmail.com » Wed Aug 22, 2007 0:01

yes, i have tryed to adjust it, on the desktop the little speaker icon douse not do anything when i move the slider up or down, and i don't know how to use this sabayon linux so i don't know where is there other places i can adjust the volume, i am using 3.4 loop3
darkviper5@gmail.com
Baby Hen

Postby Belial » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:26

Can you paste the results of

Code: Select all
lspci | grep Audio

as root please?
Belial
Young Hen

Postby darkviper5@gmail.com » Thu Aug 23, 2007 23:43

don't mean to sound like a noob or anoying, but where do i put the code into?
can you list some steps as in what i do to get to the code inputing window, '
i am totally new to sabayon, and i don't even know how to play dvd's in it, watch flash movies, or do anything with java
douse it have any options for the dual core CPU?, like if i wanna sync the two cores to run at the same time, becouse in windows xp i got a problem where one core runs at 100 % and the other idles and i can't seem to adjust for them both to run at 100 % or both run the application intead of one stalling the computer.
darkviper5@gmail.com
Baby Hen

Postby Belial » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:48

If you open up the terminal (its called konsole in kde) it should give you a prompt similar to this dave@sophie ~ $ But with your username and computername, in there type

su -     

((Then enter your password for root, it asked you when doing the setup, itll look like it wont show you any characters you type, but it is taking them))
lspci | grep udio

then you can copy and paste it into here :)

that command will on its own print off all pci devices to the terminal, the | symbol asks your computer to send the out put of the previous command to the next one, in this case grep, which is a powerful search tool. with most linux commands you can type
man lspci
for example, and it shows the manual page

As for handling the dual cores, it will automatically use both, and spread the load :)
Belial
Young Hen

Postby WarraWarra » Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:45

darkviper5@gmail.com not sure if you want spam but might want to remove the @gmail.com part to your username using the control panel top left under board index as you might end up with lots of spam from anywhere keeping it this way.
WarraWarra
Sagely Hen

Return to Installer Issues - Calamares **Not for Package Manager Stuff**