need some one with some serious expeirence

Installer Issues via Installer -- Not for global upgrades or upgrading individual packages -- ONLY ISSUES WITH INSTALLATION OF THE OS -- Can't get Sabayon installed, than post here, otherwise use correct forums

Moderator: Moderators

need some one with some serious expeirence

Postby mitch707 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 21:53

ok im getting two problems every install i get the same error no boot device i edited grub to change real_boot to /dev/sda1 and 2 i still get no boot device and i cant mount any partitons the dm5 sum on the disk is ok checked with winmd5 i went on the irc of sabayon and gentoo the problem seems to be something about intrid and lvm
mitch707
Baby Hen

Postby Lucidan » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:25

The problem is probably that your boot-partition does not have its boot flag set.

1.You need to download the Gparted ISO, burn it to a disc and boot from it.

2.Use Gparted to set boot flag of your boot-partition (probably the ext2 one).

Hope this helps!

[edit: of course, you can use any other tool besides Gparted to set the boot flag. I just like Gparted. If you run into trouble booting Gparted, selecting the Xvesa driver will most likely make things work.]
Lucidan
Young Hen

Re: need some one with some serious expeirence

Postby Lucidan » Sun Aug 19, 2007 18:49

So.......tell us what happened.
Lucidan
Young Hen

Re: need some one with some serious expeirence

Postby WarraWarra » Sun Aug 19, 2007 21:03

Alternatively:
Start from the live dvd and then update installer in kde and run the installer program.
When asked about install / upgrade , select upgrade and the boot / grub option and continue.
This should fix the grub / boot problem.

You should also once in live dvd mount the hd and check the hd's /etc/fstab and make sure it is correct as you specified the partitions / names / types etc as grub uses this + " grub-install " to write the grub / boot info as well as system.map or something like this in /boot/???
WarraWarra
Sagely Hen

Return to Installer Issues - Calamares **Not for Package Manager Stuff**