~~~Must Read First Before Making New Thread~~~

Installer Issues via Installer -- Not for global upgrades or upgrading individual packages -- ONLY ISSUES WITH INSTALLATION OF THE OS -- Can't get Sabayon installed, than post here, otherwise use correct forums

Moderator: Moderators

Re: [HOWTO]: Not Look Stupid on Forums and IRC

Postby ispettorezenigata » Mon Feb 25, 2008 16:05

Se siete scansafatiche e non avete sufficientemente indagato le risorse in rete prima di chiedere aiuto,

non siate sorpresi se le risposte saranno irritate o vi insulteranno.

INSULTERANNOOOO :roll:

La miglior arma alla maleducazione non è la maleducazione.....
ispettorezenigata
Old Dear Hen

Postby red.hell » Mon Feb 25, 2008 20:07

ispettorezenigata wrote:
Se siete scansafatiche e non avete sufficientemente indagato le risorse in rete prima di chiedere aiuto,

non siate sorpresi se le risposte saranno irritate o vi insulteranno.

INSULTERANNOOOO :roll:

La miglior arma alla maleducazione non è la maleducazione.....

io ho solo tradotto :wink:
red.hell
Old Dear Hen

Postby wolfden » Mon Feb 25, 2008 23:21

ispettorezenigata you're signature is way way way to big, have some courtesy will ya
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby ispettorezenigata » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:35

ispettorezenigata you're signature is way way way to big, have some courtesy will ya

sorry :oops:
ispettorezenigata
Old Dear Hen

Postby fiorello » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:34

ispettorezenigata wrote:

sorry :oops:

Spero che non ti venga l'idea di stanparlo cosi grosso anche sulla macchina nuova......hahahahahaha :flower:
ASRock Fatal1ty Z68 Professional Gen3 *_* Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz *_* Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 TI *_* AR5416 Wireless Network Adapter {AR5008802.11(a) bgn} *_* Mémoire totale 8 Gio *_* linux4.7.0 *_* Sabayon KDE-5 *_*
fiorello
Sagely Hen

Postby yur » Wed Apr 09, 2008 18:33

Just my 2 newbie cents:
Here is the core problem with attaining help: The user doesn't know and refuses to admit that he has a limited ability to communicate the problem. (duh). The person providing the help may not not know either but refuses to admit that he doesn't know. If he does know, he also refuses to admit that he has a limited ability to communicate a solution.

In order to facilitate a solution: we have to have two things: The same tools and the same language.

So my first suggestion is provide a list of basic tools that allow a newbie or user the ability to communicate the problem. My second suggestion is to use same language about a problem (provide a dictionary). Granted there are many, many, many blogs and websites and books containing information which contain thousands of tools and dictionaries... yet there has to be common working environment guidelines and tools (specifically for this blog). My third suggestion: separate support by version number. There of course can be a all versions the same support.

Then something like this won't pass off as an attempt at support:
"this output is sent to a log somewhere, most logs live in /var/log"

Where as what log and how to read it is left up to the newbie and "frustrated" community to put up with his requests. Suggestions for the newbie to research websites for answers gives the appearance that support then would not be needed, because the answers lie elsewhere. You'll be surprised to find that most of us read these blogs for hours (i'm gonna collect a $ summary of hours spent and do an OS comparison by cost) and end up here for support. (duh).

I am committed to learning sabayon completely and I know that "computers" are not a matter of intelligence but repetition and instruction. Therefore, i am hungry for proper and clear instruction. After spending 3 days trying to get my ATI driver working in Fedora 8 (try learning livna, shell, yum, aiglx, X, rpm, vi, aticonfig, and xong.conf in less time) and spending 3 months pin pointing which linux distro is worth the effort: I'm a little frustrated with the amount of "noise" and the lack of clear direction. Remember: most commit to an OS for the purpose of producing work with it - not to just mess around with it all day long.
yur
Baby Hen

Postby Eden » Wed Apr 09, 2008 19:21

Stolen form a freenode blog, subsequently stolen from the book 'The Pragmatic Programmer'.

Care and Cultivation of Gurus With the global adoption of the internet, gurus suddenly are as close as your Enter key. So, how do you find one, and how do you get one to talk with you? We find there are some simple tricks.

• Know exactly what you want to ask, and be as specific as you can be.
  • Frame your question carefully and politely. Remember that you’re asking a favor; don’t seem to be demanding an answer.
  • Once you’ve framed your question, stop and look again for the answer. Pick out some keywords and search the Web. Look for appropriate FAQs (lists of frequently asked questions with answers).
  • Sit back and be patient. People are busy, and it may take days to get a specific answer.
Finally, please be sure to thank anyone who responds to you. And if you see people asking questions you can answer, play your part and participate.
Eden
Growing Hen

Postby joost » Wed Apr 09, 2008 21:30

And please don't fart in the channel, thank you.
joost
Sagely Hen

Re: ~~~Must Read First Before Making New Thread~~~

Postby garrydog » Wed Jun 03, 2009 14:50

Hi Wolfden
Sorry about the caps,I am downloading the image again and i now have the md5sum,will try to check it when it has downloaded.
Thanks .
garrydog
Baby Hen

Postby speedyx » Wed Jul 27, 2011 15:54

adambier wrote:Great guide but please be more patient for new user; forums and wiki have too many informations and not everyone can find the best solutions; community support is very important to make distro strong and growing, to keep distro alive.

I agree with this point of view. More users means more bug fix. If something is not so clear explained or so easy to find a community of supporters must be supportive to help and improve wikis and guides.
The Freedom Technologies Are Available!
I love KDE rolling release distributions that just works!
speedyx
Growing Hen

Previous

Return to Installer Issues - Calamares **Not for Package Manager Stuff**