/dev/nvme0n1p1 install

Installer Issues via Installer -- Not for global upgrades or upgrading individual packages -- ONLY ISSUES WITH INSTALLATION OF THE OS -- Can't get Sabayon installed, than post here, otherwise use correct forums

Moderator: Moderators

/dev/nvme0n1p1 install

Postby shade304 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:44

I'm trying to install on a new ssd but can't get it to boot. The problem I think is my drive isn't /dev/sda, EFI won't boot, if I use refind disc and force /efi/grub/sabayon/bootx64.efi I get a grub prompt and ls shows drives but I can't ls them as they say file system not readable. If I use refind to boot the kernel directly it try's but drops to shell saying root not found. If I then type /dev/nvme0n1p4 it will successfully boot as the root is found. I would like to fix whatever file that needs to know the root so I don't have to type this each time, but I don't know what file to fix. fstab shows uuid= the correct root partition so I know it's not that. It would be nice to fix grub too so it would work, if it passed the correct arguments then the second step or skipping grub wouldn't be necessary. The grub.cfg shows the correct uuid also. It would be even better if the install routine would do this automatically. Thank you for taking a look at this. Bob
shade304
Simple Hen

Re: /dev/nvme0n1p1 install

Postby shade304 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 23:14

Was able to get things to work with these two things, not sure which actually did it, but it might help someone else:

equo upgrade
grub2-install --target=x86_64-efi --recheck --debug

and

efibootmgr --create --part 1 --label "Sabayon_nvme" --disk /dev/nvme0n1p1 --loader '\EFI\gentoo\bootx64.efi' -u 'init=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd root=/dev/nvme0n1p4 rootfstype=ext4 raid=noautodetect'
shade304
Simple Hen

Return to Installer Issues - Calamares **Not for Package Manager Stuff**