Calemares -- xfs root partition no go..

Installer Issues via Installer -- Not for global upgrades or upgrading individual packages -- ONLY ISSUES WITH INSTALLATION OF THE OS -- Can't get Sabayon installed, than post here, otherwise use correct forums

Moderator: Moderators

Calemares -- xfs root partition no go..

Postby anomaly65 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 18:14

Hi all,

GREAT improvement over anaconda. Wow! Using the 16.05 ISO to reinstall just the OS drive.

However, when manually partitioning a single disk for Sabayon, the flags won't stick on the /boot/efi mini-partition, and selecting xfs for root runs into trouble as mentioned here:

https://forum.sabayon.org/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=32628

Now I'd be content with EXT4, ....BUT.... it is significantly slower, and MUCH more error prone than xfs. I've had systems running both, and the EXT4 root based systems have consistently required something like

Code: Select all
 equo install thunderbird google-chrome chromium  kde-plasma/plasma-meta kde-apps/kdemultimedia-meta --empty

along with other choice programs to be reinstalled. Not so on xfs. Just works, if I can get Sabayon installed on it. 8 years ago, this was rather simple, now, not so much.

Any guidance or pointers most welcome!!
thanks,
andy
--
Use handrails on stairs. A nasty fall face first changes your point of view quickly, and mine permanently :-)
anomaly65
Technological Hen

Return to Installer Issues - Calamares **Not for Package Manager Stuff**