How can I install Sabayon on an existed LVM partition?

Installer Issues via Installer -- Not for global upgrades or upgrading individual packages -- ONLY ISSUES WITH INSTALLATION OF THE OS -- Can't get Sabayon installed, than post here, otherwise use correct forums

Moderator: Moderators

Postby eflyinghi » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:43

I wanted to re-install my Sabayon, so I need to install it on my existed LVM partitions.
But it seemed that Calamares didn't recognize the LVM partitions and cannot set the mount point to existed LVM partitions.

So, it there an workaround?
eflyinghi
Baby Hen

Re: How can I install Sabayon on an existed LVM partition?

Postby reppk » Thu Dec 24, 2015 14:04

I got the same problem. The Sabayon Installor can't recognize LVM partitions. If you want to create a new LVM partition, it can only handle pvcreate, and can't create vg and lv.

PS: My Sabayon system can't recognize my LVM partition which was created after installation, too. :cry:
reppk
Baby Hen

Postby bonengo » Thu Jan 07, 2016 16:24

I suggest to Sabayon developpers and maintainers to try to switch from calamares to an another way. It said than they use it from Fedora, but this last recognize LVM, and BTFRS....
wait... something isn't working...
RTFM? Done.
Wiki? Done
Google? Done.
Damn... bugzilla is scarrying me :evil:
bonengo
Baby Hen

Postby svantoviit » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:07

eflyinghi wrote:So, it there an workaround?

You are right, Calamares doesn't support LVM yet. Should be fixed at some point, see [CAL-226] Support installing to existing LVM volumes - Calamares Issue Tracker

You could try to install the Anaconda installer app-admin/anaconda and use that instead, but it's not supported any more thus not sure if it will work.

reppk wrote:PS: My Sabayon system can't recognize my LVM partition which was created after installation, too. :cry:

Just guessing, have you enabled the appropriate systemd service and updated grub? See LVM - Gentoo Wiki
svantoviit
Old Dear Hen

Return to Installer Issues - Calamares **Not for Package Manager Stuff**