Cannot install Sabayon 15.06 Xfce

Installer Issues via Installer -- Not for global upgrades or upgrading individual packages -- ONLY ISSUES WITH INSTALLATION OF THE OS -- Can't get Sabayon installed, than post here, otherwise use correct forums

Moderator: Moderators

Cannot install Sabayon 15.06 Xfce

Postby chdslv » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:53

Cannot install Sabayon 15.06 Xfce, that is, the installer doesn't see the partitions in the hard disk, but only sees the disks, and would say there is no space. The old installer did the work quite well, but not this new one.
chdslv
Young Hen

Re: Cannot install Sabayon 15.06 Xfce

Postby wolfden » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:27

so you have existing partitions correct? what file system are you trying to use? There is a bug or feature of anaconda that doesn't want to use existing partitions. I had to clear my partitions and than create the partitions with Anaconda, than it would allow me to install. So far I know LVM and btrfs file system have this issue, but others may also.
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby chdslv » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:48

wolfden wrote:so you have existing partitions correct? what file system are you trying to use? There is a bug or feature of anaconda that doesn't want to use existing partitions. I had to clear my partitions and than create the partitions with Anaconda, than it would allow me to install. So far I know LVM and btrfs file system have this issue, but others may also.

Normal file system, ext4
I want to install it to an existing partition, so no go for the moment, until that bug is cleared out or the older installation app is put back.
chdslv
Young Hen

Postby sabayonino » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:45

chdslv wrote:
wolfden wrote:so you have existing partitions correct? what file system are you trying to use? There is a bug or feature of anaconda that doesn't want to use existing partitions. I had to clear my partitions and than create the partitions with Anaconda, than it would allow me to install. So far I know LVM and btrfs file system have this issue, but others may also.

Normal file system, ext4
I want to install it to an existing partition, so no go for the moment, until that bug is cleared out or the older installation app is put back.

Hi . there is no bug to anaconda partitioner.
in "Unknown" tab ,just choose your partition and "remove" (-) to have new free space (pink box) . then add this partiton and edit its options.
Anaconda installer is no very intuitive but it works .

there is btrfs discussion (Italian Forum). you can see my screenshots to understand how to edit/create/remove partitions.
sabayonino
Sagely Hen

Postby keyn » Wed Aug 03, 2016 22:18

In my case the Anaconda refuses to make adjustments in the existing markup when I select manual mode. After clicking anywhere in the layout window, an error occurs and have nothing to do - nor send bug-report, nor the normal close. Have to kill the whole installation process through the Xfce Task Manager.
keyn
Baby Hen

Postby sabayar » Tue Oct 25, 2016 14:23

Same problem with me :
I could not create or assign my partitions efi, /, swap, home
I even created brand new one via gentoo live CD via fdisk
I tried with our without formating them ... no way.
I w/a the issue letting anaconda to it all by default ...
sabayar
Baby Hen

Postby svantoviit » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:33

Why do you resurrect a thread that is more than one year old?
Don't tell me you are still trying to install 15.06?
The latest release at the point of writing this is 16.11!
I would suggest you create a new topic on your issues ;)
svantoviit
Old Dear Hen

Postby sabayar » Thu Nov 17, 2016 18:47

Hi,
Oops. Sorry. Yes I was trying the latest Sabayon from Oct 25th.
I have given up so no new post but for information the symptoms look identical.
sabayar
Baby Hen

Return to Installer Issues - Calamares **Not for Package Manager Stuff**