Anaconda crashes when there is an existing raid config

Installer Issues via Installer -- Not for global upgrades or upgrading individual packages -- ONLY ISSUES WITH INSTALLATION OF THE OS -- Can't get Sabayon installed, than post here, otherwise use correct forums

Moderator: Moderators

angelus1969
Baby Hen

Anaconda crashes when there is an existing raid config

Post by angelus1969 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:29

Trying to install 15.06, the XFCE version works without problems when installing, but the Gnome and Minimal use a different installer (?) and this fails on one of my systems. I can briefly see 'unknown reason' and something that /bin/md doesn't exist. There is an existing RAID config in this box which I can mount in the live environment, so it seems the md tools are there.....

angelus1969
Baby Hen

Re: Anaconda crashes when there is an existing raid config

Post by angelus1969 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:11

I managed to copy (part of) the error:

anaconda 20.27.3-1 exception report
Traceback (most recent call first):
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/blivet/devicelibs/mdraid.py", line 266, in name_from_md_node
for link in os.listdir(md_dir):
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/blivet/devicetree.py", line 2297, in resolveDevice
md_name = devicelibs.mdraid.name_from_md_node(devspec[5:])
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/blivet/__init__.py", line 3129, in parseFSTab
options=options)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/blivet/__init__.py", line 3052, in findExistingInstallations
(mounts, swaps) = parseFSTab(devicetree, chroot=ROOT_PATH)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/blivet/__init__.py", line 427, in reset
self.roots = findExistingInstallations(self.devicetree)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/blivet/__init__.py", line 142, in storageInitialize
storage.reset()
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/threading.py", line 763, in run
self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/pyanaconda/threads.py", line 168, in run
threading.Thread.run(self, *args, **kwargs)
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/dev/md'

Local variables in innermost frame:
node: md127
name: None
md_dir: /dev/md

wolfden
Sharecropper

Post by wolfden » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:06

What file system you going with?

Anaconda doesn't like existing stuff apparently. Oh wait, it's crashing on you. Let's see, for me and others, we found out that with some file systems the installer won't use a pre-existing partition, but I haven't seen it crash due to a existing partition.

Anyway, https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1052454 shows a history I believe you are experiencing.

angelus1969
Baby Hen

Post by angelus1969 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:14

Yes, that bug seems to be exactly the same. Even though I'm not trying to install on the RAID it still crashes because is 'sees' the RAID...... The bug seems to be fixed though, at least within Red Hat.
For me it won't be a problem, since the RAID is moving to a dedicated machine, but it's still something that needs to be fixed I think.

Regards, Angelo