Bug in the custom partitioning mode

Installer Issues via Installer -- Not for global upgrades or upgrading individual packages -- ONLY ISSUES WITH INSTALLATION OF THE OS -- Can't get Sabayon installed, than post here, otherwise use correct forums

Moderator: Moderators

sergioad
Baby Hen

Bug in the custom partitioning mode

Post by sergioad » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:34

Hello friends Sabayon is AWESOME but has a realy bad issue and it is the fact that the custom partitioning mode in Anaconda does not works, if I get the parameters of my partition and I apply the changes the list of changes is empety, if I press continue the installer crashes showing that there is a bug and there are some other moments when I click on custom partitioning and the installer completelly crashes after start trying to customize my partitions, why this affects me if there is a "reclam space function"? well, because my HDD has the capacity of 111 GB and the reclam space function makes a home partition and I HATE having home partitions, also it makes some other clutter partitions what I do not like. Why I care about my HDD space and the home partition? simply; this limits a lot what I can do with my free space, I am a Steam gamer and I have the orange box plus half life Guacamelee! and some other games so I need all my HDD in one piece and if this were not suficent all the usable partitions are EXT4, I need XFS because it's better performance, can you fix the custom disk partitioning mode? I love Sabayon, it is one of my favorite linux distributions and even it is awesome but the custom partitioning should be better to improve the Sabayon's general experience and remove the limitations of the home partition

zeitdroid
Baby Hen

Re: Bug in the custom partitioning mode

Post by zeitdroid » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:09

maybe you could find some suggestions here in my thread viewtopic.php?f=50&t=31510
i don't know if it could help you but have a look in the lasp post

ciammaruca
Baby Hen

Post by ciammaruca » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:53

hi,
same problem for me: no way to install sabayon 15.04 (or 15.03), nor via "Custom partitioning", nor via "Reclaim space". I have two HD, and i'm trying to install it in the first one (sda2 partition exactly), but it crashes, purtroppo! I can read in the down-left corner there is no free space availabile for installation, so i'd have to free disk space before, i believe, but i can't.
saluti

linuxfluesterer
Old Dear Hen

Post by linuxfluesterer » Thu Apr 09, 2015 13:44

Hallo...
For me, too. I've also experienced, that I can't create any (new) partition when using Anaconda, nor select a given partition to be formatted as XFR.
Honestly, I wished we'd have the old, easy partitioning tool of Anaconda from (I don't exactly remember, when) before.
I need to create my own partitions and to format them with (Swap) and XFR.
Info: I've tried to install Sabayon KDE 15.06 from 09/04/2015 Live USB stick.

-Linuxfluesterer (I love KDE ...)
Take away Facebook from me and let there be real people again...

sytoby
Baby Hen

Post by sytoby » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:18

I have Linux installed on my hard drive with another unused partition plus some unassigned space. When I try to install Sabayon, I am not given the opportunity to install to the already created partition or the unassigned space. -Also, I am told there is 0GB space available. I have used Sabayon for a long time without this problem-. Please advise on how to get past this problem. Thanks in advance.

wolfden
Sharecropper

Post by wolfden » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:50

LVM and btrfs file systems when installing, anaconda will not use a pre-existing partitions. You have to create it with anaconda. I am old school and like to set my partition up ahead of the installer and than just point the installer where to put stuff, but it seems anaconda don't like that.

sytoby
Baby Hen

Post by sytoby » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:25

Thanks wolfden for the reply. Do you mean the entire partition setup has to be redone? If I do this, I will wipe out the work I have on the other partitions.

wolfden
Sharecropper

Post by wolfden » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:30

Shouldn't have to wipe everything. On my laptop, single drive, I had a partition for windows with windows installed already. I made a /boot / and /swap but anaconda was like nope, so I wiped /boot / and /swap and went back to the installer and created the /boot / and /swap with it and anaconda was happy again and my windows stuff was never touched.