Installer crashes after selecting partition

Installer Issues via Installer -- Not for global upgrades or upgrading individual packages -- ONLY ISSUES WITH INSTALLATION OF THE OS -- Can't get Sabayon installed, than post here, otherwise use correct forums

Moderator: Moderators

tman7510
Simple Hen

Installer crashes after selecting partition

Post by tman7510 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:30

I see many people have had this issue but I cant get it to install even if I select standard partiton. I get an unknow error has occured with a bunch of python errors listed. I'm using the amd64 sabayon KDE 14.12 iso. I had to use the xdriver=vesa option to get that far.
I've also tried to disable efi for install but it doesnt make a difference. Ubuntu installs without issue but I'm not big on Ubuntu.
Any suggestions because this seems to be a common issue and I have tried text mode installer as well but still get the same error

sabayonino
Sagely Hen

Re: Installer crashes after selecting partition

Post by sabayonino » Mon Dec 08, 2014 13:54

try to delete/create the partition(s) you choose inside the installer (buttons "-" and "+")

albfneto
Sagely Hen

Re: Installer crashes after selecting partition

Post by albfneto » Tue Dec 09, 2014 0:21

In Brazil, also, many people asked me about these errors. They are python errors, from the Anaconda installer, Fedora code.

i "by-passed" the problem in this manner:

I not used LVM, UEFI etc... i used standard partioning. i booted in vesa, as you.

prior to open the installer (no clicking in "install to disk"), i opened the gparted and made all partitions and their file systems.

then i closed the gparted,

i clicked in "install to disk" and only made the mount points, not changing the size or file systems of the previously made partitions.

In this manner, the installer worked.
ALBERTO FEDERMAN NETO
albfneto
[email protected]
Favorite Distros: Sabayon, Gentoo, Mageia and OpenSUSE