Unable to install in legacy mode [Solved]

Installer Issues via Installer -- Not for global upgrades or upgrading individual packages -- ONLY ISSUES WITH INSTALLATION OF THE OS -- Can't get Sabayon installed, than post here, otherwise use correct forums

Moderator: Moderators

Unable to install in legacy mode [Solved]

Postby zeitdroid » Mon Mar 10, 2014 23:50

Hi everybody.
Since i tried the sabayon kde 11 release on my old laptop i had not problems with that and i enjoyed it.
Now i got the new laptop and i'm getting crazy with installation troubles.
My laptop is an HP 15-b040sl (i5, intel hd4000+geforce630m,8gbRam,500GbSataHDD) with a preinstalled win8x64.
I did all the stuff to get ready with the downgrade to win7 and the installation of Sabayon. Gpt partition table was changed to normal partition table, win7 was installed succesfully, but i can't install Sabayon 14.01. When i set the partitions it always ask for a uefi boot partition that i don't need to have and i can't go on it.
So i tried to install the older release i had before (Sabayon KDE 11 wasn't UEFI ready so it had to be simpler) and i did it without any problems..untill i tried to upgrade the system using Rigo.When it cames with the latest updates available, after the reboot the system can't start X.
What i have to do?How i can install the 14.01 that could be better?
Many thanks.
Last edited by zeitdroid on Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:14, edited 4 times in total.
zeitdroid
Baby Hen

Re: Installation problem

Postby Provia » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:14

Hi zeitdroid!

Maybe you had problems updating Sabayon 11 because we have now switched to systemd.
Anyway, can you first try an new installation with the last monthly iso (14.03)?
AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 Processor
4 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz
Nvidia Geforce 9800 GT
Sabayon Linux x64 KDE Limbo
Provia
Advanced Hen

Re: Installation problem

Postby zeitdroid » Tue Mar 11, 2014 20:15

oh..14.03?i give it a try!
thanks!
zeitdroid
Baby Hen

Re: Sabayon doesn't install install in legacy mode

Postby zeitdroid » Wed Mar 12, 2014 21:51

Ok i tried with 14.03 x64 kde and nothing changed.Always asking for a boot/uefi partition also in legacy mode installation. Please fix it.
zeitdroid
Baby Hen

Re: Sabayon 14.xx KDE x64 doesn't get installed in legacy mo

Postby zeitdroid » Mon Aug 04, 2014 19:07

Hi again, i want to notice to you that i tried sabayon xfce 14.08 and always i got an error while i'm partitioning.I use linux mint xfce and no problems..what's wrong?
Please HELP, it's unbelievable that i can't install my preferred linux distro!!
zeitdroid
Baby Hen

Re: Sabayon 14.xx KDE x64 doesn't get installed in legacy mo

Postby zeitdroid » Mon Mar 09, 2015 22:56

After all this time i'm happy to run again a sabayon distro on my laptop.
What i did? I finally understood that the partitioning program went crazy if i tried to create the partitions by myself. Don't ask me why, i really don't know it. But, if i'm not wrong the installation is very similar to the fedora one, so i don't know where is the difference if i were able to use fedora and many different distros too.
In the end i can say that, in legacy mode, if i try to set a default partition mode, i'm able to install sabayon only if i made before an unallocated disk space and let the system to be able to create the new partitions by itself after choosing the appropriated voice menu. After that, i need to manually modify them because it chooses, for example, to create a 8gb partition for the swap.
If i try to create every partition by myself the installation abort with an unknow problem.
That's it.
zeitdroid
Baby Hen

Return to Installer Issues - Calamares **Not for Package Manager Stuff**