Sabayon 14.01 Installation Issue [Semi-Solved]

Installer Issues via Installer -- Not for global upgrades or upgrading individual packages -- ONLY ISSUES WITH INSTALLATION OF THE OS -- Can't get Sabayon installed, than post here, otherwise use correct forums

Moderator: Moderators

Sabayon 14.01 Installation Issue [Semi-Solved]

Postby agge92 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 20:46

Hello, I trying to install Sabayon amd64 KDE, but I fail with something that go wrong with the BIOS and the GPU ATI HD 7770;
So, my motherboard have 2 options for the installation of the OS, UEFI and other's P0,P1,P2... and on both, while I try to install sabayon, the driver video, I guess, dont let continue the installation after the autologin of the root, just FREEZE the monitor with only this character stick there up "_", in the UEFI installation if I disable(in the advanced options) something related to the my "AMD ATI kernel", or something like that, the installation continue peacefully with no problem, apart when at the end of the installation of the OS, after reboot, my BIOS, I guess, dont relieve the new Installed OS(and the grub was installed in the /sda1)...and I can't boot up the os in any way. On the other side, I would like to try the installation without UEFI(by P0,P1...)
but I can't see that "AMD ATI kernel" thing in the interface that come out by this type of installation, ( I pressed F5 for the advaced option, and can't understand in the list of options if there are the option that I search).
Someone can help me to figure out this issues and finaly install my FaVoRiTe distro :) ?
Last edited by agge92 on Wed Feb 19, 2014 22:14, edited 2 times in total.
agge92
Baby Hen

Re: Sabayon 14.01 Installation Issue

Postby Provia » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:14

I suggest you to try the latest daily as 14.01 is know to have some problem with video card detection. Maybe your problem is not related to that but just give a try. And then tell us if you get problems again.
AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 Processor
4 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz
Nvidia Geforce 9800 GT
Sabayon Linux x64 KDE Limbo
Provia
Advanced Hen

Re: Sabayon 14.01 Installation Issue [Solved]

Postby agge92 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 0:16

ok, seems work with DAILY distro, but I dont know why I cant crypt my hd, because if I try to install sabayon with crypt option, after reboot, the bios dont recognize grub and the OS, and when I try to install without crypt option, seems all work and the bios recognize all the things and all work... I have a MotherBoard Gigabyte F2A88XN-WIFI, with the bios at the update F1, so if someone at the development of sabayon can recognize why I have problems with crypt installation, it would be nice.(can it be that my AMD Athlon X2 340 Dual Core don't support crypt features on hd?)

Grazie per la risposta Provia.
ps: Sai come installare i driver catalyst? Someone know how to install on sabayon the latest stable driver(catalyst) for my GPU?
agge92
Baby Hen

Re: Sabayon 14.01 Installation Issue [Solved]

Postby agge92 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 14:03

any news about this my problem? :)
agge92
Baby Hen

Return to Installer Issues - Calamares **Not for Package Manager Stuff**