Secure boot

Installer Issues via Installer -- Not for global upgrades or upgrading individual packages -- ONLY ISSUES WITH INSTALLATION OF THE OS -- Can't get Sabayon installed, than post here, otherwise use correct forums

Moderator: Moderators

Secure boot

Postby Beerforfree » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:41

Is there any guide how to install using secure boot?
where to get that key and how is the procedure?
Beerforfree
Young Hen

Re: Secure boot

Postby linuxfluesterer » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:06

Exactly, this is a really interesting topic.
For a friend, I want to install Sabayon Daily (KDE 64bit) on his brand new notebook, shipped with Windows 8 and UEFI and Secure Boot enabled. With this settings in BIOS, the USB memory stick with Sabayon was rejected due to system policy. It was not possible to boot from.
Then, after I have set to 'UEFI' in BIOS, but disabled 'Secure Boot', I could boot from USB memory stick. The problem is, that Windows 8 does not boot with disabled 'Secure Boot', and Sabayon does not boot from USB with enabled 'Secure Boot'.
So, I'd appreciate a 'Howto install Sabayon on a Windows 8 machine with possible Dual boot after'.
Thanks to those, who know.

-Linuxfluesterer (I love KDE ...)
I really hope, that by the Brexit (poor Britain), TTIP will be finally prevented. But don't get tired to talk to your local politician to open eyes for danger to democracy because of TTIP
linuxfluesterer
Old Dear Hen

Re: Secure boot

Postby timbojo » Mon Feb 10, 2014 14:20

I think I might have the same problem here:

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=31405
timbojo
Baby Hen

Return to Installer Issues - Calamares **Not for Package Manager Stuff**