13.08 x86 XFCE installer crash

Installer Issues via Installer -- Not for global upgrades or upgrading individual packages -- ONLY ISSUES WITH INSTALLATION OF THE OS -- Can't get Sabayon installed, than post here, otherwise use correct forums

Moderator: Moderators

13.08 x86 XFCE installer crash

Postby tobias boon » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:02

The error is so big pastebin.com and pastebin.sabayon.org reject it, here it is on paste2.org: http://paste2.org/HUnE053d

I got pretty far on that installation attempt, the farthest I've gotten so far :(

EDIT: duh, forgot sysspecs etc.

2GB RAM, Intel 2.4Ghz Dual Core processor, 160GB HDD (wiped clean with DBAN, posting from a Sabayon live USB pendrive)

I did check the MD5sum of the .ISO before creating the pendrive. The installer seems to be running fine, the progress bar is close to 50% on the "Installing Sabayon on System" process and then I get the error above.
tobias boon
Baby Hen

Re: 13.08 x86 XFCE installer crash

Postby Honeyman » Mon Oct 21, 2013 20:18

I encountered the same problem (Frankly, I did not check each and every line on the stuff you pasted, but the first 20 lines or so were exactly the same when I just re-ran the installer to check whether we are talking about the same problem) with the MATE Live DVD.
After partitioning the installation process started and after about half of the install done, the installer crashed. :(
Not so with the GNOME edition. :?:

System specification:

AMD Athlon 64 4000+ 2,4Mhz
GPU: ATI Radeon 6800
Je me regarde pour me désoler,
je me compare pour me consoler

Maurice de Talleyrand
Growing Hen

Return to Installer Issues - Calamares **Not for Package Manager Stuff**