trying to install on white macbook [Solved]

Installer Issues via Installer -- Not for global upgrades or upgrading individual packages -- ONLY ISSUES WITH INSTALLATION OF THE OS -- Can't get Sabayon installed, than post here, otherwise use correct forums

Moderator: Moderators

trying to install on white macbook [Solved]

Postby dcjose48 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 18:11

Hi everyone,

This is my first attempt at installing sabayon. I am trying to install sabayon 11 on a late 2006 white macbook. I am unable to get past the black screen that will ask me to select either cd drive 1 or 2. Funny thing is that it wont let me even choose one. I have tried many ways to install it and still doesnt work. I have tried installing rEfit and buring the iso to a disc and no luck. I have tried making a bootable usb using linux usb builder for mac and no luck. I have even edited the iso to delete the EFI part since I have read this is probably the issue as to why it wont read and still nothing. At this point I am stuck. I dont know what else to do. I would really appreciate any help on this. Thanks.
Last edited by dcjose48 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 19:22, edited 1 time in total.
dcjose48
Baby Hen

Re: trying to install on white macbook

Postby dcjose48 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 19:19

Solved
dcjose48
Baby Hen

Re: trying to install on white macbook [Solved]

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:59

It would be helpful to others if you were to explain how you solved the problem. If someone has the same problem in future then your explanation would help them.
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Return to Installer Issues - Calamares **Not for Package Manager Stuff**