Hi, folks. I need help installing Sabayon 11 64-bit MATE on a MacBook Pro 8.2. No dual-boot; just Sabayon on the drive.
I'm using Sabayon 11 because I was told it was a good match for the Macbook, and an easy, standard, install.
It's a stock MacBook. No modifications.
Here's what I've done:
1. Downloaded, burned and verified the LiveDVD image on the MacBook itself, in OS X. I've burned many ISO's that way, and it's reliable.
2. Inserted DVD in drive and reboot, holding down the option key.
3. Saw icons for the MacBook's drive, an EFI Boot, and Windows. Selected Windows.
4. Grub menu displayed. I selected the standard installation option.
5. Anaconda comes up and runs normally.
6. No custom partitioning: I tell Anaconda to use the entire drive.
7. Anaconda creates an LVM volume and says boot and / are on /dev/sda
8. Install proceeds normally and completes. I select the reboot prompt.
9. DVD does not eject, so the machine boots the install image again. I select "Boot From Hard Drive". That fails, with a gray screen and, eventually, the MacBook displays a question mark and then offers an "Internet Recovery".
I've been through this cycle twice with the same results.
MATE runs normally from the LiveDVD.
So, looks like I need some advice here. I've got a MacBook Pro with nothing on it but Sabayon 11 and it won't boot.