Sabayon 5.2 KDE install fail, kinda [Solved]

Installer Issues via Installer -- Not for global upgrades or upgrading individual packages -- ONLY ISSUES WITH INSTALLATION OF THE OS -- Can't get Sabayon installed, than post here, otherwise use correct forums

Moderator: Moderators

Sabayon 5.2 KDE install fail, kinda [Solved]

Postby bookewyrmm » Wed Mar 31, 2010 17:45

I am running a 1.8ghz Celeron, 2gb ram, 80gb hdd, onboard video w/ 256md dedicated, The system was running fine under Slackware 12, I thought I would switch to Sabayon so that my desktop and laptop would be same OS.
Sabayon 5.2 did run fine from the DVD, I have verified the md5sum and had my burner verify the disk against the iso. All checked ok.

The install process does complete, at reboot, I am unable to log in. I do get the KDM login screen, but no matter what user I try I can not procede, I get the error message ...
" Call to lnusertemp failed, (Temporary directories full?) Check your installation."
If I switch the session type to XBMC or Sabayon Media Center, failsafe, or even fluxbox, I can log in.

Should I try a universal update? Is there a file I need to edit? I this a KDE issue?

I have tried formatting the hdd and doing a clean install, same problem. I did an install w/ XBMC as the default desktop, that works but is SLUGGISH on my pc (diags showed 0.7 - 2.4 FPS...eew)

If there is any log files I need to post let me know. Any recommendations are helpful.

Thanks,
'Wyrmm
Last edited by bookewyrmm on Thu Apr 01, 2010 0:04, edited 1 time in total.
bookewyrmm
Young Hen

Re: Sabayon 5.2 KDE install fail, kinda

Postby stefan9 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 19:12

stefan9
Young Hen

Re: Sabayon 5.2 KDE install fail, kinda [Solved]

Postby wolfden » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:51

fixed title to [Solved] as per viewtopic.php?f=57&t=1730
wolfden
Sharecropper

Return to Installer Issues - Calamares **Not for Package Manager Stuff**