Booting DVD ends with no bootable medium found error

Installer Issues via Installer -- Not for global upgrades or upgrading individual packages -- ONLY ISSUES WITH INSTALLATION OF THE OS -- Can't get Sabayon installed, than post here, otherwise use correct forums

Moderator: Moderators

Booting DVD ends with no bootable medium found error

Postby ichi » Sat Dec 26, 2009 22:25

Hi,

I'm experimenting with Sabayon on different notebooks and unfortunately it seems to have some problems with most of them. The DVD seems to be OK. since it is working with my Dell XPS M1330. The biggest problems are with a Toshiba R500. In this case I still couldn't find a workaround. First booting stopped with a black screen with any of the booting options, until I started it in debug mode and saw that it stopped at EDD checking. After booting with the edd=off option I managed to boot until the attempting to mount media line. It seems that the boot media is not found, since at that stage the dvd media cannot be mounted. I've already tried different boot options and bios settings, but without success. I've found similar problems in this forum, but no really helpful answers. Any help is welcome! Thanks!

Gyula
ichi
Baby Hen

Re: Booting DVD ends with no bootable medium found error

Postby ichi » Sun Jan 10, 2010 19:33

I've "solved" the problem by choosing an other distribution, the installation went without a problem. By the way, I just couldn't find any other live distribution having a problem with that laptop. It seems to be a Sabayon specific one.
ichi
Baby Hen

Return to Installer Issues - Calamares **Not for Package Manager Stuff**