installing sabayon 5.0 [Solved]

Installer Issues via Installer -- Not for global upgrades or upgrading individual packages -- ONLY ISSUES WITH INSTALLATION OF THE OS -- Can't get Sabayon installed, than post here, otherwise use correct forums

Moderator: Moderators

installing sabayon 5.0 [Solved]

Postby splippity » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:45

well in the past when I used the sabayon 5.0 livedvd to install the distro it would not work and show a blank screen unless I ran the update installer before the actual install (dont know if it pulls any different info like packages off the web so the systems current when you install or something) but anyway I currently dont have internet since Im moving in a week or so to a new house. Is there anything I can do to make this happen?? I have to use free hotspots just to get on here to make this post from my windows 7. I installed windows 7 because I did a round of updates a week ago and installed new nvidia drivers which pooched my boot into X (didnt even start and I did make sure to check my eselect opengl). I figured now would be the time to give it a whirl and I created 2 more partitions one for linux and another for my backup files as my western digital backup hd went bad and dont know if its the board that handles the power, so I could take it out and put it in an external hd enclosure but thats a different story all together.

really dont want to hangout at mcdonalds or something just to install sabayon plus dont know how I would go about getting the wifi activated............ though can you get wifi from safemode in the livedvd??? just thought about it.... as I cannot load the live dvds desktop since x wont start and yes I did see the 2 page long thread about it lol.
if there was a new sabayon install disk I could have someone download and burn that would be useful.
Last edited by splippity on Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:35, edited 2 times in total.
splippity
Simple Hen

Re: installing sabayon 5.0

Postby wolfden » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:28

didn't notice 5.1 is out?
viewtopic.php?f=60&t=19265
wolfden
Sharecropper

Re: installing sabayon 5.0

Postby splippity » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:34

5.1 still wouldnt load the livedvd desktop correctly but did load safemode......
installed and booted fine.
splippity
Simple Hen

Return to Installer Issues - Calamares **Not for Package Manager Stuff**