how to install with in windows 7 ?

Installer Issues via Installer -- Not for global upgrades or upgrading individual packages -- ONLY ISSUES WITH INSTALLATION OF THE OS -- Can't get Sabayon installed, than post here, otherwise use correct forums

Moderator: Moderators

how to install with in windows 7 ?

Postby mauj » Wed Dec 02, 2009 17:48

PLEASE PLEASE DO HELP.. AM VERY NEW TO THIS OPERATING SYSTEM AND AM SO INTERESTED.. SO PLEASE HELP ME.. HOW TO INSTALL IT INSIDE WINDOWS 7 ? IS IT POSSIBLE? PLEASE HELP IF ANY KNOW.. REGARDS.. MAUJ INDIA...
mauj
Baby Hen

Re: how to install with in windows 7 ?

Postby dunsurfin » Wed Dec 02, 2009 18:23

First of all, please don't post in all capitals - it's the equivalent of shouting.
Unless you are using a virtual machine inside Windows 7, Sabayon needs to be installed on it's own partition. It's best to shrink the Windows partition using Windows itself and then run the Sabayon DVD and select install on disc.
Self-righteousness is a loud din raised to drown the voice of guilt within us - Eric Hoffer

Don't believe what it says on the right - I am anything but sagely; More oniony!
dunsurfin
Sagely Hen

Postby mauj » Wed Dec 02, 2009 20:50

thanks a lot friend , i vl try.. but am having a dvd which is boot able but it can't be run ..!!! if i try booting whole hard disk is formatted with only sabayon o.s installed in it... please help here too.. then about block letters that i used.. sorry that i dont know that there is a meaning like that.. just try to catch some one's eye... anyway thanks..
mauj
Baby Hen

Postby dunsurfin » Wed Dec 02, 2009 21:34

Sabayon will not install or format unless you tell it to. I think the best thing you can do is have a good look at this page
http://wiki.sabayonlinux.org/index.php?title=HOWTOs and especially the first 2 sections; Taking a Tour and Installation. That will give you the information you need to proceed. Best of luck.
Self-righteousness is a loud din raised to drown the voice of guilt within us - Eric Hoffer

Don't believe what it says on the right - I am anything but sagely; More oniony!
dunsurfin
Sagely Hen

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:14

The following sticky thread in the SL Forums may also be of help, as the basic principle for installing SL to dual boot with Windows 7 is the same as for Vista as far as I am aware: ?? Vista + Partitions Read Here ??
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Return to Installer Issues - Calamares **Not for Package Manager Stuff**