installation partition bug?

Installer Issues via Installer -- Not for global upgrades or upgrading individual packages -- ONLY ISSUES WITH INSTALLATION OF THE OS -- Can't get Sabayon installed, than post here, otherwise use correct forums

Moderator: Moderators

installation partition bug?

Postby InteliWasp » Tue Nov 17, 2009 23:43

I think i may have found a bug during the installation with the manual partition method.

(this i a 1tb drive btw)
sda1 is my ntfs windows partition

i set sda2 as swap with 8gb of space
then i put root as sda3 and used the option to "fill remaining space" i did not change the size at the top from the default of 100mb

the list showed that my root partition was moved to sda2 with 800gb and swap to sda3 with 8gb and it looked good, so i let it install.
partway into the install it gave me an error of disk full, df on a terminal showed that sda2 was formatted with 100mb not 800gb that it showed before.
InteliWasp
Baby Hen

Re: installation partition bug?

Postby albfneto » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:42

yes do, is "normal" sabayon tried to put "boot" in a true boot partition (/boot NOT /), as Gentoo...,and the system in a root partition, TOO SMALL!

you made an erroneous partition scheme.

please remade, you may use this.....

sda1 is your windows partition..... good, remain in this manner, dont touch partition.

Simplest Scheme ...Made:

sda2 an root-bootable partition......, called "/" mount point may be obrigatory, /... this will be the boot-root, system partition, example 200 giga.... (PLEASE NOT USE 100 MEGA)

sda3 a home partition for your data,,,,,, mount point will be /home....this is for videos, music and configurations (placed here automatically during installation)example 600 giga...

sd4 a swap exchange partition... is sufficient small in new comps, maximum 4 giga. in my 500 HDD is only i Giga, may be also smaller as 700 mega, 512 mega....

The system, sabayon, may be installed in the /, sda2 Obrigatory, not install in /home neither in swap

If you want to use a separete 100 mega /boot partition, you should use LVM , extended, or remove the /home or the windows partition a HDD only accepts 4 partitions
Resuming for use the 100 mega /boot, you SHOULD have an additional /, (/root) in wich the system will be installed.
THE ENTIRE SYSTEM SHOULD BE IN THE /, ROOT-BOOT PARTITION, THIS SHOULD HAVE MUCH MORE THAN 100 MEGA....
ALBERTO FEDERMAN NETO
albfneto
[email protected]
Favorite Distros: Sabayon, Gentoo, Mageia and OpenSUSE
albfneto
Sagely Hen

Return to Installer Issues - Calamares **Not for Package Manager Stuff**