Installation on AAO 110L

Installer Issues via Installer -- Not for global upgrades or upgrading individual packages -- ONLY ISSUES WITH INSTALLATION OF THE OS -- Can't get Sabayon installed, than post here, otherwise use correct forums

Moderator: Moderators

Installation on AAO 110L

Postby aatoma » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:05

Hi community,

I'm having my first attempt with Sabayon (5.Oh!).
So far I'm very impressed with how it runs from the live CD on my little netbook but, if I try to install it on the internal 8GB SSD, I get an error about insufficient disk space (less than 8GB since I have a 1GB swap partition).
Is there any way of overcoming this limitation?

Thank you and regards.
Baby Hen

Re: Installation on AAO 110L

Postby xlnagla » Mon Oct 26, 2009 21:29

while there are technically ways of overcoming this limitation, it is strongly recommended that one has at least 10GB of free hard disk space before attempting an installation of Sabayon Linux. If you can't make that limit by combining drives, then I would suggest holding off on a full install until your storage situation improves. Our apologies, but we're one of the larger footprint distros.

If you still want to go through with this, the easiest solution is to actually make your install to a larger drive, prune your install there, and copy everything over (with permission preservation) to your small drive then and edit a few config files (especially /etc/fstab and /boot/grub/menu.lst) to notify your system of the switch.

Sagely Hen

Return to Installer Issues - Calamares **Not for Package Manager Stuff**