Yeah, I figured it out, the command line was giving me a different md5 from the DVD, and I checked the iso and it was wrong also. The funny thing is is the iso changed just from moving it from a USB stick to the HD, the iso on the thumb drive was still good. I re-moved it onto my desktop, still bad. Deleted the iso image from off of my desktop and moved the good iso from my thumb drive again and this time copied correctly. . .
Wow, I didn't know that this was that big of deal. I burned from the good iso on my desktop and ran this command:
- Code: Select all
This still does not return the correct md5. K3b detected an error so I reburned it and this time k3b says it is ok. I'm going to try this then I'll try different media if it doesn't work. I'm using a DVD+RW right now and I'll just try another one, if that doesn't work I'll try a normal DVD+R.
I have my fingers crossed.