64 bit problems

Installer Issues via Installer -- Not for global upgrades or upgrading individual packages -- ONLY ISSUES WITH INSTALLATION OF THE OS -- Can't get Sabayon installed, than post here, otherwise use correct forums

Moderator: Moderators

64 bit problems

Postby warriorofchaos20 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 22:53

OK, not sure if this is anywhere else but i have an AMD Athlon 64 3400+ processor and i tried updating to the 64-bit version of sabayon but both Sabayon 4 and Sabayon 4.2 when i've tried installing them say it installed correctly and then freezes. i then hard restart it and then it goes to boot up the 64-bit version and it says something like it can't find the root folder resulting in it not booting up at all. if anyone has any simple instructions on what to do, that would be most appreciated!

also, how can i tell if 4.2 installed correctly? i'm currently using the 32-bit version...

thanx in advance! :D
warriorofchaos20
Young Hen

Re: 64 bit problems

Postby mikey0000 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:28

try using the live boot disc to reinstall grub after the freeze, otherwise my only question is, are you being impatient?? not letting it chug through to the end, ive found sometimes things can freeze up and eventually go right after a little time with some things so make sure its a bug and not that its thinking really hard :P
the other thing you could try is updating the installer before install to see if it provides a fix for your problem.

as to the 32bit 64bit there is no problems running 64bit linux on your machine, something with the install of Grub(or installer issues) is going wrong.
triple Booting Mac-osx 10.6, Sabayon Linux and Windows 7

2.5 athlon dual core
DFI infinity mobo
2 gb of DDR2 800 G skill ram 3.3.3.12
nvidia 9600gt
housed in a thermaltake taser III case with 7 fans - all turned off lol
mikey0000
Growing Hen

Return to Installer Issues - Calamares **Not for Package Manager Stuff**