eee pc 1000ha

Installer Issues via Installer -- Not for global upgrades or upgrading individual packages -- ONLY ISSUES WITH INSTALLATION OF THE OS -- Can't get Sabayon installed, than post here, otherwise use correct forums

Moderator: Moderators

eee pc 1000ha

Postby jimlikessweets » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:38

hi i downloaded sabayon 32 bit 4.0 to a dvd and check the integrity which checked out okay. i then burned it slowly to disk. my goal was to install it to my eee pc 1000ha 's hd. i put the dvd into an external dvd drive and booted the disk. i chose the eee boot and the non music boot both the times i tried to boot. however the gui for the loader didn't show up and the verbose mode turned to a blank screen with little pictures that you usually see when X starts before it starts. but it stayed like that for a good 10 minutes before i turned it off. i've tried the trick of booting it with xdriver=vesa res=1024x600 and the same thing happens. how do i get this working? :pale:
jimlikessweets
Baby Hen

Re: eee pc 1000ha

Postby anfernio » Thu Mar 26, 2009 18:10

Did you have any success installing Sabayon?

I just ordered the eee pc 1000HE, and I would like to know if I will have any problems getting Sabayon on it. I wouldn't say that I'm completely clueless about linux, but I'm pretty close to it. However, I'm savvy enough to search around on the internet to find documentation when I run into trouble.

If anybody has had success installing Sabayon on the 1000 models, please tell me. If nobody has, I would gladly try and get it to work as long as somebody here is able to help me.
anfernio
Baby Hen

Postby jimlikessweets » Thu Mar 26, 2009 19:14

yes the current release of sabayon supports eee. however you will have to tweak some of the smaller features like the fan control if you want them to work. other than that you have full wireless and graphics support. enjoy
jimlikessweets
Baby Hen

Postby curse » Sat Apr 18, 2009 21:24

I have an EeePC 1000H
Sabayon works fine with it, Don't use the EeePC boot option, all it does is give low resolution, the standard 3D boot option works fine. however, the installer is a bit to big, so you have to set the bottom panel to hide or you won't be able to click next etc..
issues:

You need wired net before you have installed the rt2680, don't forget USE="networkmanager"

The touchpad works, but at least I haven't found a way to turn off the tapping(I don't like tapping, if you do, this is no issuee) since the EeePC don't use standard synaptics but some other I forgot the name of at the time of typing(I'm on another computer right now)
curse
Simple Hen

Postby garyclow » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:57

hey i use an asus eeepc 1000h and it worls like a dream with both KDE and Gnome the only minor problem is with gnome the output volume isn't as loud but aside from that it is great
sixx
garyclow
Baby Hen

Postby curse » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:51

can you turn off tapping?
curse
Simple Hen

Return to Installer Issues - Calamares **Not for Package Manager Stuff**