Cannot Install Due to Selective Keyboard Problem

Installer Issues via Installer -- Not for global upgrades or upgrading individual packages -- ONLY ISSUES WITH INSTALLATION OF THE OS -- Can't get Sabayon installed, than post here, otherwise use correct forums

Moderator: Moderators

Cannot Install Due to Selective Keyboard Problem

Postby drcfisher » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:23

I just discovered Sabayon, and was excited to give it try. I attempted a clean install using 3.4f on an HP Pavilion xf125 laptop computer with a Prosavage KN133 (S3, Savage4) graphics set. The live CD runs fine, except that I could not get online because I could not enter my WPA key into the network manager (nothing happens when I hit the keyboard).... I didn't think much of it at the time, but this problem also emerged during installation. The weird thing is that I can type all day long in Open Office Writer off the Live CD, which means some items in Sabayon respond to my keystrokes, but other do not. I cannot complete installation because some required entries do no respond to my keyboard. Has anyone had this problem before? Or any idea/suggestions? Thanks!
drcfisher
Baby Hen

Re: Cannot Install Due to Selective Keyboard Problem

Postby dave_p_b » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:50

Hi

That's a strange problem :lol:
Are you using compiz-fusion 3d. If you are then try the "no desktop acceleration" option when you boot of the liveDVD in order not to use compiz-fusion and see if that makes any difference.
I've had this issue before when compiz-fusion has been messed up.

Is it just in knetworkmanager or is non responsive in other programs also?

Good luck

Dave
dave_p_b
Old Dear Hen

Postby drcfisher » Thu Oct 25, 2007 13:19

Thanks for the quick reply! I'll try to reinstall and give the "no acceleration" option a try.
drcfisher
Baby Hen

Postby dave_p_b » Thu Oct 25, 2007 21:21

Hi

You don't need to re-install. Just boot off of the liveDVD and choose no acceleration and then try.

All the best

Dave
dave_p_b
Old Dear Hen

Return to Installer Issues - Calamares **Not for Package Manager Stuff**