-Noob Questions-

Installer Issues via Installer -- Not for global upgrades or upgrading individual packages -- ONLY ISSUES WITH INSTALLATION OF THE OS -- Can't get Sabayon installed, than post here, otherwise use correct forums

Moderator: Moderators

-Noob Questions-

Postby aheicher » Fri Oct 12, 2007 0:19

Hey guys, new member, relatively familiar with linux, just not this distro. Attempting to boot off of virtual drive. When booting into VMWare-player, cannot make it detect sabayon from the virtual drive im using with Daemon tools. Also, when I do end up installing it, I have an external HD that I would like to install Sabayon on, so could i get a bit of a GRUB/other Bootloader walkthrogh with Sabayon. i want to dual boot with Windows XP, I have no choice or else I would delete it altogether. Any help would be appreciated. x86, 3.4 Sabayon.

-MD5 Sum is checked btw
aheicher
Baby Hen

Re: -Noob Questions-

Postby Tekno_Cowboy » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:09

you should be able to mount your .iso using vmware player itself, or just use virtualbox like I do. It's free and it even has a couple of features that vmware workstation doesn't, like seamless mode. Just look under the settings for the CD drive in vmware player and you should be able to mount your image from there.
Tekno_Cowboy
Baby Hen

Postby aheicher » Tue Oct 23, 2007 23:20

solved, sorry. But, another question. After having it installed for about a day, the external HDD im using becomes unformatted and unusable. I have to reinstall. Any help with this? Everything had been checked and burned at 1X.
To a DVD-RW.
aheicher
Baby Hen

Postby Tekno_Cowboy » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:32

Beats me, I've never worked that much with external drives as installalation medium. You might check and see if there is a known problem with the filesystem you are using and external drives, or known bugs with your usb/firewire/esata. Also, did you check you're md5sum or whatever it's called against the official number?
Tekno_Cowboy
Baby Hen

Postby aheicher » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:30

absolutely, everything is checked
aheicher
Baby Hen

Return to Installer Issues - Calamares **Not for Package Manager Stuff**