Installer: stuck at Adding app-emulation/Virtualbox...

Installer Issues via Installer -- Not for global upgrades or upgrading individual packages -- ONLY ISSUES WITH INSTALLATION OF THE OS -- Can't get Sabayon installed, than post here, otherwise use correct forums

Moderator: Moderators

Installer: stuck at Adding app-emulation/Virtualbox...

Postby ronfog » Fri Sep 28, 2007 19:28

Hello All,

I am updating SL from 3.3 to 3.4f
I get to the Installer from Live CD 86- 3.4f - Install on Disk icon.
I make my selections to only update the OS / do not modify boot / start proocess...

Installer: completely stuck at 3.03% (1/33) Adding app-emulation/Virtualbox...
Total progress

Did anyone else come across this issue?

I tried this with 2 different DVDs and I get the same results.

Expected Results
I should be able to complete upgrade.

I did not have any problem on a 86-64 disk update on a different machine with a different DVD.
Baby Hen

Re: Installer: stuck at Adding app-emulation/Virtualbox...

Postby KalteKotze » Fri Sep 28, 2007 20:57

I ran into the same problem, and I found a (rather dirty) workaround:

Open a process-monitor (like ksysguard), let it show you all processes in tree-view.
There you should see the "anaconda" process, some scripts that were started by it and an instance of "less".
When you kill "less", the installer should continue.

I guess VirtualBox wants you to read and agree to a lincense or something and the anaconda installer does not support text input/output other than the progress bar.
Baby Hen

Re: Installer: stuck at Adding app-emulation/Virtualbox...

Postby WarraWarra » Fri Sep 28, 2007 21:00

Backup / copy to other device / disk what is important , next install normally, only diffs. = do not format root partition , swap + /boot can be formated if needed.

This should install onto and replace the system / world files but not user files /home/elvis ones but everything else would likely be replaced. Then afterwards update / reemerge specific programs you might need. Might even be able to update / add to /boot if not formating during this not sure.

Worked for me might work for you. Use at own risk / lossing data.

Hope this helps. Also check to make sure you have enough space to do this , dvd 3.4 versions uses at full install 12gb space + then you need space for temp files and other stuff.

minm. needed space total = 20gb => " /boot 128mb - swap ? 2gb - rest of 20gb remaining disk space for root partition = :) install "
Sagely Hen

Return to Installer Issues - Calamares **Not for Package Manager Stuff**