Sabayon Menu

Installer Issues via Installer -- Not for global upgrades or upgrading individual packages -- ONLY ISSUES WITH INSTALLATION OF THE OS -- Can't get Sabayon installed, than post here, otherwise use correct forums

Moderator: Moderators

Sabayon Menu

Postby blademan209 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 23:58

Help! I download the SabayonLinux-x86-3.4 via torrent, and I open it and click on autorun. This black sabayon window appears and i downloaded the VMware Player and installed it and opened it up. From there is where I'm lost. I have a couple of DVD+R cd's and the CD+R cd's and I don't know what do to or where to go at that point. So I though people here may help me out form there. The SabayonLinux RAR is like 4.3GB so I was wondering how to go from there. I love sabayon, but never knew how to get it on my computer, there was never a guide that I found that said how to get this for myself. I hope you the Sabayon Forums can help me out on this. Thanks.
blademan209
Baby Hen

Re: Sabayon Menu

Postby dunsurfin » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:56

I suggest you have a look here:
http://wiki.sabayonlinux.org/index.php? ... troduction
and then the rest of the Wiki.
You'll need to burn the iso file to a DVD using a programme that will see the iso file as an image and create the DVD from it (don't just burn the iso onto a DVD as it is), boot your PC from it and then proceed from there.
Self-righteousness is a loud din raised to drown the voice of guilt within us - Eric Hoffer

Don't believe what it says on the right - I am anything but sagely; More oniony!
dunsurfin
Sagely Hen

Postby wolfden » Sat Sep 22, 2007 14:36

blademan209 wrote:Help! I download the SabayonLinux-x86-3.4 via torrent, and I open it and click on autorun. This black sabayon window appears and i downloaded the VMware Player and installed it and opened it up. From there is where I'm lost. I have a couple of DVD+R cd's and the CD+R cd's and I don't know what do to or where to go at that point. So I though people here may help me out form there. The SabayonLinux RAR is like 4.3GB so I was wondering how to go from there. I love sabayon, but never knew how to get it on my computer, there was never a guide that I found that said how to get this for myself. I hope you the Sabayon Forums can help me out on this. Thanks.

It's an .iso file, not a .rar file --- burn the ISO if you have to, google how to burn iso image
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby fpirrone » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:00

blade,

I'll add one more thing to the advice you've already received - you might, and most likely will have to, enter your BIOS configuration when your computer boots up, select Boot Order, or Boot Sequence, and choose CD/DVD-ROM as the first, followed by whatever you'd prefer - floppy then hard drive, usb then hard drive...

This will allow you to boot from the burned DVD which will boot right into the live OS(?)/installer on the disc.

Frank
fpirrone
Baby Hen

Postby cvitko87 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:18

I have the same problem... I've downloaded version 3.4 final, and burned it with nero, but as img, not data disc!!!, i have set the first boot device to be my dvd, and then when i start the pc, it sais: unkown keyword in configuration file... no img linux... something like that.. anyway, i start windows, put the cd in the drive and black screen appears for about half of second and that's it... i've tried to put iso file in a virtual drive, it does the same thing.... i have 4 folders on disc(autorun,boot,GEEXBOX and isolinux), and five files (autorun, livecd, readme--witch cannot be red from notepad becouse of coding, games.squashfs and livecd.squashfs)... I don't know what to do else... Please help!
cvitko87
Baby Hen

Postby cvitko87 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:00

Don't bother to help me, md5 is not o.k. FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was my last contact with sabayon linux, forget it, it's not worth of 4,3 gb download!!!!

I'm switching to pclinuxos 2007......... or mandriva... i'm not sure... bye
cvitko87
Baby Hen

Postby rand.a » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:26

lol, you know you could just fire up the torrent again and it'll run a checksum and download whats missing right?
rand.a
Growing Hen

Return to Installer Issues - Calamares **Not for Package Manager Stuff**