About upgrading

Installer Issues via Installer -- Not for global upgrades or upgrading individual packages -- ONLY ISSUES WITH INSTALLATION OF THE OS -- Can't get Sabayon installed, than post here, otherwise use correct forums

Moderator: Moderators

About upgrading

Postby thep0et » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:28

I haven't used Sabayon
still waiting for it in the mail
But it is version 3.4e
and now version F is out

Can i just install 3.4e and upgrade to version F within Sabayon without having to download a whopping 4 gigs?
I have never used a gentoo based distro before so i don't know much about its package managment system.
I would just download the new version but my connection sucks
thep0et
Baby Hen

Re: About upgrading

Postby wolfden » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:40

you will need the 3.4f to upgrade than
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby Aakhunaten » Thu Sep 13, 2007 19:38

I have 3.4e 64-bit installed. Is there an option to upgrade to 3.4f online? Or would I have to download the DVD again? :cry: Hope not, last time I had a tough time downloading.. the checksum always failed until the 6th time :!:

Thanks.
Aakhunaten
Baby Hen

Postby fpirrone » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:54

Same here - 64bit version 3.4a. Messed around today and couldn't identify any process of version upgrade. It's not the same as system or world, that's for sure.

What say Wolfden?

Frank
fpirrone
Baby Hen

Postby wolfden » Sun Sep 23, 2007 16:32

if you have 3.4 you do not need to update at all, 3.4a e f are just revisions, same packages basically and same bugs. If you want to do upgrades you will need the new DVD, otherwise upgrade thru portage and the overlay what you need too. If you know what u are doing you can do a world update to always be current.
wolfden
Sharecropper

Return to Installer Issues - Calamares **Not for Package Manager Stuff**