Sabayon Linux 3.4: Officially Released

Website news

Sabayon Linux 3.4: Officially Released

Postby lxnay » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:44

After 4 months of hard and deep development, the Sabayon Linux Crew is happy to announce the IMMEDIATE availability of Sabayon Linux 3.4 !

Link: http://www.sabayonlinux.org/tag/altro/n ... eased.html
lxnay
Land Owner

Postby R3MF » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:10

kongrats

haven't managed to even start downloading the torrent yet, despite half an hour on a 100MB connection, must need a few more seeders?
R3MF
Advanced Hen

Postby fifi1234 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 14:53

Congratulações ! Eu já puxo ele desde da noite ... :)

-----
fifi1234
Baby Hen

Postby rand.a » Tue Jul 24, 2007 15:24

lol nice forum, posting to yourself?

Slackware isn't bad, for an old distro that really hasn't done anything innovative or new. I do like it better than many other distros, but i'd still run Gentoo or Debian over it, depending on if i wanted source or binary package management. Soon Sabayon will provide a solution that won't require me to make such a decision. If you'd like to see a more server-oriented release, feel free to include your suggestions for our Business Edition.

Sabayon provides what Gentoo does not. A cutting edge livecd with an installer that actually friggn' works. It gives a beginner to linux a powerful gentoo-based system, without the long complex Gentoo install process, so that this beginner can learn linux and be a better linux user. It has an innovative team of developers that actually listens to, and cares about its users. These developers bring to the community the best linux has to offer, introducing more and more Windows users to linux. Theres much more to come from Sabayon, lxnay has many innovative ideas, that we will be sure to see in the near future.

This is why I run and support Sabayon Linux. If you don't like it, thats fine, use another distro, linux is about choice. If you don't like a distro, either post your suggestions, or use a distro that fits you.
rand.a
Growing Hen

Postby totedati » Tue Jul 24, 2007 16:54

fifi1234 wrote:Eu acho ser uma falha grave não ter incluido os ferramentos de servidor. Tal já tentaram RedHat, Mandrake, SuSE, e se deram mal. Para o meu servidor, eu continuo usando Slackware - e daí para todo o uso, inclusive desktop.

huh ... in linux world is all about choice ... no vendor marketing tricks or vendor lock'in can work here ... and when this is happen anyway, mandriva anybody?, that distro will learn a hard lesson very soon ....

so ... cool down a bit ... and think again with a more open mind ... :oops: :oops: :oops:
linux is free, the expertise to harness it is not!
you don't make so much money selling open source software!
You make MORE money USING it, just like google!
linux registered user #352479
totedati
Technological Hen

Postby Shinzann » Tue Jul 24, 2007 18:11

R3MF wrote:kongrats

haven't managed to even start downloading the torrent yet, despite half an hour on a 100MB connection, must need a few more seeders?

Yar... Sitting at 5 seeds at the moment.

Hopefully things will pick up as the day goes on.
Shinzann
Baby Hen

Postby fxdwg » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:03

Seed Seed Seed Seed !!! :D
fxdwg
Baby Hen

Postby txemijendrix » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:33

Hi.
I've downladed (torrents didn´t work) and installed Sabayon 3.4a (32 bits) on a HP Pavillion 6000 (a laptop).
Works fine, everything has been recognised and works: sound, 3D acceleration (with an intel graphics card and at the right resolution; 1280x800), wifi, ntsf w/r, compiz-fussion...
Installation took 45 minutes.
Congratulations to everyone, you've done an excellent job (as usual). :D
Now I'm gonna try the 64 bits version (downloading now).
Bye
Txemi Jendrix
http://www.txemijendrix.com 3D and Graphic design
txemijendrix
Simple Hen

Postby OldNormanBates » Thu Aug 02, 2007 21:57

When will the 3.4e Live DVD iso be available for those of us whose ati cards have accelleration problems with the 3.4a release. BTW my ATI Radeon 7500 worked just fine in 3.3.

Luck,

OldNormanBates
OldNormanBates
Baby Hen

Postby wolfden » Thu Aug 02, 2007 22:26

For information, watch the SL Planet
http://planet.sabayonlinux.org/?p=61

Information will be released when it's ready
wolfden
Sharecropper

Next

Return to News