Translators needed for the Sabayon Project.

Website news

Translators needed for the Sabayon Project.

Postby Eden » Tue Feb 26, 2008 19:48

Please see the latest update here (or read below in the quote)
i18n support is complete so you can now translate every part of entropy.

The pot files (named entropy.pot) can be found here.

this replaces the equo pot file that was previously worked on, equo, spritz, entropy are all translated through this single pot file now.

Usual, once you complete a translation you can post it here, keep an eye out for anyone else doing the same or similar translation, you can get help on IRC or ask here or PM me, email me.

CatalanUser will update the svn with new translations posted from here.

At the moment the project is very English orientated in an effort to change this we are looking for translators and non-english writers to write and translate articles for the Sabayon Wiki.

Lxnay will also be looking for translators for Spritz (the entropy gui) and possibly other related Sabayon projects, I will leave this for him to go into more detail.

This is you chance to help out with the project, lxnay will have more details on translating spritz but for the wiki I do not require perfection, any translation is better than no translation and can always be improved over time, as is the nature of a wiki.

Those of you who wish to help out with the with the translation of Spritz please feel free to post here, and for those who wish to help with the wiki post here also, pm me or add me on jabber or msn, you can jump right in if you like I have put up a quick guideline on how the format of the translated article should be http://wiki.sabayonlinux.org/index.php? ... anslations (I will improve on this, and feel free to make suggestions in the talk page or edit it yourself.).
Eden
Growing Hen

Re: Translators needed for the Sabayon Project.

Postby Eden » Tue Feb 26, 2008 20:23

For Spritz translators

If you are looking to translate spritz to another language here's how.

you will need the following .pot template http://svn.sabayonlinux.org/projects/en ... ntropy.pot

The template is in English and the idea is fairly simple. In each line beginning with msgid translate the text inside the quotation marks to the language you with to translate to.

Any msgid beginning with --> you can skip

Strings like "gtk-quit", "gtk-cancel" etc. must not be translated.

Once your translation is complete you can save it as a {lang}.po file {lang} being your language code (usually a two letter code, en, de, fr, etc)

For something a little more in depth (i suggest you read it) you can look at Necoro's guide http://portato.origo.ethz.ch/wiki/translating most of it applies here as well.

If you have any problems with a translation feel free to ask on IRC or in the forums, or post what you have and others may be able to fill in blanks.

Once you have completed a translation you can post it here as an attached file (it may need to be compressed). If you have any trouble posting it here you can upload it to the wiki or any free file hosting service, or feel free to contact me and ill put it up for you.
Eden
Growing Hen

Postby nsuffys » Tue Feb 26, 2008 21:45

Hi,

I join to this post the fr.po files for Spritz.
I have translated 64% with Poedit. (not translated : 85/263)

Can someone continue and eventually chek this transaltion ? Thx

nsuffys.
Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33Ghz, 4Go DDRII, HDD : 1.5To, Geforce GTX280, Asus P5Q Pro
nsuffys
Simple Hen

Postby xlnagla » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:31

Continued and checked the translation. Got a tad too late here, so the translation still isn't done.

~xlnagla
fr.po.gz
xlnagla
Sagely Hen

Postby XnT » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:24

Hi all,

I'm emerging poedit right now. I'll take care of the spanish translation. Hope I can deliver it before Thursday night ( GMT -06.00 ).

If there's anything similar you think I can help with, please let me know.
--

Regards,

Vicente Plata [ XnT ]
XnT
Baby Hen

Postby XnT » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:33

Hi,

Here's Spanish Translation. The file is smaller than I thought :) .

Please let me know via Msn or PM if there's another translation I can help with.
--

Regards,

Vicente Plata [ XnT ]
XnT
Baby Hen

Postby XnT » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:56

Hi all,

I'm starting with the wiki translation. I've already translated most of the main page: http://wiki.sabayonlinux.org/index.php?title=Es:Main_Page. I'll do a post in the spanish section to see if anybody would like to help with this. Just let me know if I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance,
--

Regards,

Vicente Plata [ XnT ]
XnT
Baby Hen

Postby Eden » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:07

XnT it doesn't need to be the exactly same just so you know, so if there are words of phrases that don't translate directly you can just re-write the whole sentence if you like, you can look at the Arch wiki for an example of translations http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Main_Page

If we can get some good solid section of the wiki in other languages I will also be looking for people to admin those sections, but this is a little in the future for the moment.

Also if you see an article that looks out of date or in need of checking/updating don't translate it but if you could put a notice/warning on it using the {{Note}} or {{Warning}} templates that would be great. You don't need to active seek them out though that's technically my job :roll:

Also if your translating spritz its always a good idea to check the translation running in the program, im not sure how you'd add the translation to spritz though, maybe someone can show this.
Eden
Growing Hen

Postby joost » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:44

Dutch translation on spritz is done.
joost
Sagely Hen

Postby lxnay » Sun Mar 09, 2008 17:29

Thanks guys! Well done!
I've added French and Spanish translation to SVN. Will hit 3.5 Loop2 !
Join us on IRC (chat.freenode.net #sabayon or WebChat)
Submit bugs to our Bug Tracker
Follow me on Twitter
Add me on Facebook
Add me on Google+
lxnay
Land Owner

Next

Return to News