Translators needed for the Sabayon Project.

Website news
Chililiebhaber
Baby Hen

Re: Translators needed for the Sabayon Project.

Post by Chililiebhaber » Thu Jul 10, 2008 13:41

@CatalanUser: thx for the correction, I must have missed that one :|

update:
I did some more testing with Equo and got a new revision based on svn rev. 2269:
de.po.gz
(this will be the final version from my side unless someone asks me to change something :wink: )

btw, what do I have to do to get access to svn (e.g. committing stuff like that instead of posting it here)?
Regards,
Chililiebhaber

We have normality. I repeat, we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.
Douglas Adams

star
Baby Hen

Post by star » Sat Sep 06, 2008 0:20

Hello everybody!

I just wanted to tell you that I am working on a swedish translation of Entropy atm :)
Around 10% has been translated at the time I am wrtiting this message!

Feel free to contact me for further translations of Sabayon projects :)

//STAR

albfneto
Sagely Hen

Post by albfneto » Sat Sep 27, 2008 18:38

I want to collaborate writing articles in english and in portuguese to the Wiki, but i dnot found any link in wiki for editor etc...
also, i dont found any index or search foRmulary in the wiki...
im one of the translators of Firefox to Brasilian portuguese and also one author of several articles in net, about Sabayon, Gentoo and Mnadriva wich are my working favorite Linuxes.
Is from my authory the revision of sabayon in Viva o Linux (the major brazilian Linux site), this paper in the only portuguese language written analysis of Sabayon, that was cited by Distrowatch.
I have experience in writting papers, because i am a brazilian chemist, univ professor and chemical scientist.
Thanks.
Congratulations to all the developers of Sabayon... is a great Distro.!
Now with Entropy and Portage, it is good for regular linuxers ( binary distro users) and to Gentoo users...
ALBERTO FEDERMAN NETO
albfneto
[email protected]
Favorite Distros: Sabayon, Gentoo, Mageia and OpenSUSE

PingaR0x
Baby Hen

Post by PingaR0x » Mon Sep 29, 2008 14:30

hi translation to pt-br near to complete ! 2 or 3 days to finish ! cya.
We can do it!
Spritz to pt-BR 30%

Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Post by Fitzcarraldo » Mon Sep 29, 2008 17:41

albfneto wrote:I want to collaborate writing articles in english and in portuguese to the Wiki, but i dnot found any link in wiki for editor etc...
Creating articles in the SL Wiki is not intuitive, is it? Here's how to do it if you want to create e.g. a new HowTo article:

1. First create a user account for yourself by clicking on 'Log in / create account'.

2. Log in to your Wiki user account.

3. Select any existing article. Let's use, for example, http://wiki.sabayonlinux.org/index.php? ... th_Windows

4. In your Web browser's address box, change the URL to the name of the new article you wish to create. Use the underscore character to represent the space character, and "%2C" (without the quotation marks) to represent the comma character. For example, edit "http://wiki.sabayonlinux.org/index.php? ... th_Windows" to be "http://wiki.sabayonlinux.org/index.php? ... background" (without the quotation marks). Then press Enter.

5. A new page will appear in your Web browser window with the URL you entered, and will show the title, for example "HOWTO: Installing a new splash screen or console background". It will also display the message "There is currently no text in this page, you can search for this page title in other pages or edit this page." Click on edit this page and edit the page as you wish. It should be obvious what to do from then on. Use the Show preview and Save page buttons at the bottom of the Editing page to preview the page you have edited and then save it. Don't forget to enter a note in the Summary box to explain what you have done. As you are creating a new article, I would suggest entering something along the lines of "Created the article on 29 September 2008." (without the quotation marks), but you can write whatever you want.

6. Then go to the index page (e.g. if you are creating a HowTo article, that would be http://wiki.sabayonlinux.org/index.php?title=HOWTOs) and click on the Edit tab.

7. In the appropriate section on the index page enter on a new line the reference to the new article you just wrote, using the special format (see the existing entries for an example of the format to use). For example:
*[[HOWTO: Installing a new splash screen or console background]]
Use the Show preview and Save page buttons at the bottom of the Editing page to preview the page you have edited and then save it. Don't forget to enter a note in the Summary box to explain what you have done. As you are adding a link to a new article, I would suggest entering something along the lines of "Added the article about installing a new splash screen or console background." (without the quotation marks), but you can write whatever you want.

EDIT: By the way, there are some guidelines in the Wiki on how you should format Code boxes, File boxes, Note boxes, warnings etc.:

http://wiki.sabayonlinux.org/index.php? ... Guidelines

Symphony
Baby Hen

Post by Symphony » Fri Jan 02, 2009 19:31

Hi. I'm currently doing the Romanian version of the pot.
- Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 45 nm 3.16 Ghz OC 3.8 Ghz
- 2 GB DDR2 (2 x 512 MB DDR2 Kingston; 2 x 512 MB ADDR2 Sycron)
- Asus EN 9800 GTX 512 MB GDDR3 OC: Core --> 802 MHz Memory --> 1187 MHz Shader --> 2005 MHz
- Hitachi 120 GB SATA

civilian
Baby Hen

confusing messages

Post by civilian » Thu May 14, 2009 21:12

I'm working on Russian translation of Entropy, but here is a message which confused me

Code: Select all

? When you wrote mysql You Meant(tm) one of these below?
I've got this question trying to install mysql:

Code: Select all

equo install mysql
Why "You Meant" is marked as trademark? Is it really a tm or just a joke? I googled, but didn't find useful information.

lxnay
Land Owner

Post by lxnay » Thu May 14, 2009 21:18

it's a joke :P
Join us on IRC (chat.freenode.net #sabayon or WebChat)
Submit bugs to our Bug Tracker
Follow me on Twitter
Add me on Facebook
Add me on Google+

civilian
Baby Hen

Post by civilian » Thu May 14, 2009 21:24

Thank you! I had to be sure. =)

hatalar205
Simple Hen

Post by hatalar205 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:56

I translated the wiki page to Turkish but I can't add it to the main page. Please help.
http://wiki.sabayonlinux.org/index.php? ... :Ana_Sayfa
Everything is your fault. Yes, I advised you but you did.