Translators needed for the Sabayon Project.

Website news
hatalar205
Simple Hen

Re: Translators needed for the Sabayon Project.

Post by hatalar205 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:02

Also Sabayon Linux page is about to ready.
http://wiki.sabayonlinux.org/index.php? ... ayon_Linux
Everything is your fault. Yes, I advised you but you did.

iki
Young Hen

Post by iki » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:53

Hi,

Is anybody actively working on czech (cs_CZ) or russian (ru) Entropy translation?

I can help getting done the czech one, and ask friend to help with the russian one, if needed.

Thev00d00
Generally Awesome (tm)

Post by Thev00d00 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:48

Get in contact with DHalens, as he is in charge of the translators, you can PM him or catch him on #sabayon.
Please report Bugs on the Bugzilla, not forum
Please Adopt an Unanswered thread
Website / Blog : v00d00.net
twitter: Follow Me
G+: Circle Me

DHalens
Old Dear Hen

Post by DHalens » Tue Sep 01, 2009 17:28

iki wrote:Hi,

Is anybody actively working on czech (cs_CZ) or russian (ru) Entropy translation?

I can help getting done the czech one, and ask friend to help with the russian one, if needed.
Current status for both languages:
- nothing done (of 2230 strings)in entropy
- 34% done (of 1005 strings) for the installer (taken from a previous translation from other preject)
- nothing done (of 508 string) for the website

Do you (and your friend) know how to use poedit or any other program for translate (lokalize, kbabel, ...)?
Former Sabayon staff (retired).
For any personal questions or whatever, contact me trough my G+ profile

nebelwanderer
Simple Hen

Post by nebelwanderer » Wed Sep 02, 2009 0:11

Yeah, my version of the russian one (1524 strings) is done. It's in the attached file.

DHalens
Old Dear Hen

Post by DHalens » Wed Sep 02, 2009 0:53

nebelwanderer wrote:

Yeah, my version of the russian one (1524 strings) is done. It's in the attached file.
You did things by your own... After sync your translation with the current source file, about 200 strings were obsolete and there are about 900 new ones...

Please download the .pot file and in poedit, go to Catalog, update from .pot file and update from the lates entropy.pot file which can be downloaded at http://gitweb.sabayon.org/?p=entropy.gi ... ot;hb=HEAD
Then you'll be able to translate the current strings used in entropy.

Anyway, a good portion is done. Many users will be happy to see entropy at least partially translated. Thanks a lot for your work.

iki
Young Hen

Post by iki » Wed Sep 02, 2009 15:20

nebelwanderer wrote:

Hi, maybe it would be useful to get in contact with civilian (http://forum.sabayonlinux.org/memberlis ... le&u=27410), he's got about 30% of entropy.pot translated to russian, so you could merge what you are doing and save yourself from duplicate work. If you both clone the entropy git repository, you can merge/update your patches via email in between (http://git.or.cz/gitwiki/GitTips#Mail).

iki
Young Hen

Post by iki » Wed Sep 02, 2009 15:23

DHalens wrote:

Current status for both languages:
- nothing done (of 2230 strings)in entropy
- 34% done (of 1005 strings) for the installer (taken from a previous translation from other preject)
- nothing done (of 508 string) for the website

Do you (and your friend) know how to use poedit or any other program for translate (lokalize, kbabel, ...)?
Yes, I'll look at the czech (cs_CZ) translation of entropy.pot this weekend. Maybe also dookie already has something he claimed looking at it already.

nebelwanderer
Simple Hen

Post by nebelwanderer » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:51

DHalens wrote:
nebelwanderer wrote:

You did things by your own... After sync your translation with the current source file, about 200 strings were obsolete and there are about 900 new ones...

Please download the .pot file and in poedit, go to Catalog, update from .pot file and update from the lates entropy.pot file which can be downloaded at http://gitweb.sabayon.org/?p=entropy.gi ... ot;hb=HEAD
Then you'll be able to translate the current strings used in entropy.

Anyway, a good portion is done. Many users will be happy to see entropy at least partially translated. Thanks a lot for your work.
Ok, thanks a lot for the link to the latest entropy.pot file - all another links to entropy .po and .pot files I found were too old. I updated my translation and now all the strings are done. The latest version is here: http://forum.sabayonlinux.org/download/file.php?id=558

DHalens
Old Dear Hen

Post by DHalens » Fri Sep 04, 2009 14:22

nebelwanderer: The entropy commit about your translation: http://gitweb.sabayon.org/?p=entropy.gi ... 6ab1d07e91
Entropy 0.99 went out this morning for testers so you won't see your name in Sulfur at before 0.99.1 or greater. Anyway, I expect a new version soon so you'll see it for sure in the Sulfur coming with sabayon5.

As entropy is still a work in progress, please check if there are new strings to translate every few weeks. You can send me the file to my sabayonlinux email (see it in the badge i have as signature).

Thanks a lot for your work.