Mesa-GIT how to?

A place where Linux Gamers can share their experience and help each other with Linux Games, native or emulated ;)

Moderator: Moderators

Ashtasu
Baby Hen

Mesa-GIT how to?

Post by Ashtasu » Tue Mar 22, 2016 19:34

Hey all,

I am a complete newbie to Sabayon and Gentoo, just installed Sabayon yesterday. I came from the Arch world.

Back on Arch, I had a mesa-git repository that allowed me to use the latest Mesa/RadeonSI drivers from git. As an AMD user, the best performance upgrades possible are great.

Could I do something like the repository in Sabayon/Gentoo? Or would I have to go about building from source? Thanks and cheers all.

mudler
Simple Hen

Re: Mesa-GIT how to?

Post by mudler » Tue Mar 22, 2016 21:28

Hi,

Sabayon is developing right now its AUR/PPA equivalent, "Sabayon Community Repositories".

More info is available in the -dev mailing list:
https://lists.sabayon.org/pipermail/dev ... 09226.html

it was announced also in the past release notes, everything is still very alpha and new, but i invite you to join us also on IRC in the #sabayon-dev channel (freenode). Maintaining a SCR repository, and to guarantee still good standards, means also that you need to communicate with the others SCR Developers (if you are going to apply as one) and with the Staff.

Cheers! :)
Ettore

mudler
Simple Hen

Re: Mesa-GIT how to?

Post by mudler » Mon Apr 18, 2016 16:44

Hi,

i'm glad to inform you that mesa-git is available in the "gaming-live" SCR repo.

Cheers