The Clockwork Man game issue.

A place where Linux Gamers can share their experience and help each other with Linux Games, native or emulated ;)

Moderator: Moderators

The Clockwork Man game issue.

Postby Gara3987 » Sat May 18, 2013 7:22

I was trying to run The Clockwork Man, which has a Linux version. I was able to run the demo successfully on Sabayon 10; I decided to make a purchase, and have run into an issue where I get a popup dialog that states :

/tmp/lfpCxi7DQ: failed to map segment from shared object: Operation not permitted

followed by these to dialog windows :

Error: initialising plugin.

Error: initialising projector.

Running it from the terminal I get an output :

Code: Select all
$ './The Clockwork Man'

(The Clockwork Man:9349): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "adwaita",

(The Clockwork Man:9349): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "adwaita",
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "pk-gtk-module"
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"

** (The Clockwork Man:9349): WARNING **: Pixbuf theme: Cannot load pixmap file /usr/share/themes/Adwaita/gtk-2.0/Buttons/button-default.png: Failed to load image '/usr/share/themes/Adwaita/gtk-2.0/Buttons/button-default.png': Fatal error in PNG image file: Incompatible libpng version in application and library

(The Clockwork Man:9349): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_width: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

(The Clockwork Man:9349): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_height: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

** (The Clockwork Man:9349): WARNING **: Invalid borders specified for theme pixmap:
        /usr/share/themes/Adwaita/gtk-2.0/Buttons/button-default.png,
borders don't fit within the image

(The Clockwork Man:9349): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_n_channels: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

(The Clockwork Man:9349): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_pixels: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

(The Clockwork Man:9349): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_rowstride: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

(The Clockwork Man:9349): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_n_channels: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

(The Clockwork Man:9349): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_pixels: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

(The Clockwork Man:9349): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_rowstride: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

(The Clockwork Man:9349): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_width: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

(The Clockwork Man:9349): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_height: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

** (The Clockwork Man:9349): WARNING **: Invalid borders specified for theme pixmap:
        /usr/share/themes/Adwaita/gtk-2.0/Buttons/button-default.png,
borders don't fit within the image

(The Clockwork Man:9349): ...

Which it seems to repeat.

What would be the best way to approach this?

Thanks,

jon
Gara3987
Baby Hen

Re: The Clockwork Man game issue.

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Sat May 18, 2013 9:33

Moved to 'The Gamers Shed', as it's more appropriate.

Have you tried asking on the official Web site for the game?

Do you have gtk-engines installed? If not, install that and see if it helps.

equo install gtk-engines
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Postby Gara3987 » Sat May 18, 2013 22:20

Fitzcarraldo wrote:Moved to 'The Gamers Shed', as it's more appropriate.

Have you tried asking on the official Web site for the game?

Do you have gtk-engines installed? If not, install that and see if it helps.

equo install gtk-engines

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I have sent an email to total Eclipse about the issue. They have not gotten back to me yet.

As for the gtk-engines, I have installed those with other 32 bit libraries; still to no avail. It looks like it has something to do with the adwaita theme engine and the libpng.

(The Clockwork Man:29432): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "adwaita",

(The Clockwork Man:29432): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "adwaita",
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "pk-gtk-module"
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"

** (The Clockwork Man:29432): WARNING **: Pixbuf theme: Cannot load pixmap file /usr/share/themes/Adwaita/gtk-2.0/Buttons/button-default.png: Failed to load image '/usr/share/themes/Adwaita/gtk-2.0/Buttons/button-default.png': Fatal error in PNG image file: Incompatible libpng version in application and library

I guess that I may have to simply wait for a response from Total Eclipse. I am thinking that the game is requiring outdated libraries.
Gara3987
Baby Hen

Postby Gara3987 » Thu May 23, 2013 3:05

Status Update. I have been contacted by the company. The engineers are looking into the matter and are working on correcting the issue.

The problem is related to out of date libraries (libpng & adwaita) , and so they are planing to recompile with the current libraries.
Gara3987
Baby Hen

Return to The Gamers Shed