Vista - Forced reboots.... bad for microsoft.

If you want to talk about your personal paperweight, you've found the right place!

Moderator: Moderators

Vista - Forced reboots.... bad for microsoft.

Postby Darksurf » Wed Aug 08, 2007 17:38

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Berlind/?p=698

lol, I thought this was kinda funny. Poor Vista losers, lets hope that not all automatic updates force you to reboot your computer in 1min 30secs with no delay option... :roll:
~ Y </0 5+Up1</ P30p[Ez +Ry 2 R34</ D1s? ~
Darksurf
Old Dear Hen

Postby Eden » Wed Aug 08, 2007 22:10

This is why I hate it when I boot XP occasionally and it always trys to tell me whats beast as if I don't know what im doing. Its my computer and I should be able to run it any way i please, not to mention the OS should be working for me and doing what I say, not the other way round. Which is why I use GNU/Linux.
Eden
Growing Hen

Re: Vista - Forced reboots.... bad for microsoft.

Postby darksong » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:12

Darksurf wrote:http://blogs.zdnet.com/Berlind/?p=698

lol, I thought this was kinda funny. Poor Vista losers, lets hope that not all automatic updates force you to reboot your computer in 1min 30secs with no delay option... :roll:

Why not turn off automatic updates and update when you want to..............
darksong
Baby Hen

Postby hecia13 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 14:44

XP does not do that sort of thing...
hecia13
Young Hen

Re: Vista - Forced reboots.... bad for microsoft.

Postby Eden » Tue Aug 14, 2007 16:15

darksong wrote:
Darksurf wrote:http://blogs.zdnet.com/Berlind/?p=698

Why not turn off automatic updates and update when you want to..............

Because then you get popups saying you should turn automatic updates on because computer knows best not you.
Eden
Growing Hen

Postby WarraWarra » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:50

LOL yup just disable the autoupdates to no updates / manual in sys preferances and possibly in security centre or something like this.
Then download "xp antispy" from xp-antispy.org as it allows you to turn of 95% of the spying + auto updates and blocks other rubish that usually annoy's anyone amd can set the connections to 10 or more per server not sure here about details.

Just scanning my old man's hd -> backup and found so many trojans ' viruses it is not even true , might have to use a flame thrower on the virtualbox hd image that contains windows to scan his hd via usb with.
Thank god for linux + clamav / other anti virus progs. after this session.
WarraWarra
Sagely Hen

Postby Watcher » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:44

I am new to this post, I bought a Toshiba Satellite P100 about two months ago, it came with Vista, Having used Linux on my desktop before, it was not long before I was surfing and distro hoping to find a distro that worked half decently out of the box.

To make a long story short, after Vista popups and annoying slowness, I downloaded Sabayon and was truly impressed that everything worked out of the box on the laptop.

This was something I could not find with another distro, thanks to all the developers of this distro. I am truly enjoying the experience!
Watcher
Baby Hen

Return to Off Topic