This CAN'T be real ! (scam... verified)

If you want to talk about your personal paperweight, you've found the right place!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby atrus123 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:45

While I don't think $150 is a bad price for a laptop with those specs, there are just too many questions surrounding the company itself. I, for one, will not be buying, but I cannot deny that there is a little temptation.
atrus123
Baby Hen

Postby darkscot » Wed Aug 01, 2007 15:09

Desktop1: Sabayon 3.4e, WinXP | Desktop2: Sabayon 3.4e, WinME |
darkscot
Advanced Hen

Postby edgevision » Wed Aug 01, 2007 15:13

Sketchy at best.
edgevision
Growing Hen

Postby AmpLiF1eR » Fri Aug 17, 2007 19:47

copy/paste from http://www.medisonscam.info/ :

Friday, August 17, 2007
Medison's forum closed

After the hacks or whatever it was, Valdi has decided to close down their forums, efficiently closing down the last option for contact with the company for buyers since they don't have any phone numbers or replies to any e-mail, or have a valid post address. It all ended with this message:

"Dear members of this group, The Medison Celebrity group has been hacked by one or more people. These people have been registring an account appearing to be the same as my hotmail address and have been posting threats in this group.
This group was started as a service to our members, customers and other people who wanted to discuss the Medison Celebrity laptop. Several topics who have not been about the Medison Celebrity laptop have been deleted over the time. Now, when the group has been hacked, and false information and threats are being spread out in my name, we decide to close down the serivce.
We can today not say if we will offer the same kind of service in the future, even if we would like to. In one way or another we still want to be open minded about giving this service to our customers.
We are regretful to do this, but we see no other solution at the moment. We do not want bad people to stop us from doing business and other people from buying a Medison Celebrity laptop.

Sincerely,
Valdi Ivancic
CEO & President
Medison Europe Limited"
AmpLiF1eR
Old Dear Hen

Postby totedati » Fri Aug 17, 2007 20:11

is like 1 + 1 = 2 .... clear cristal ....

my hope = zero laptop's sell'ed ....
linux is free, the expertise to harness it is not!
you don't make so much money selling open source software!
You make MORE money USING it, just like google!
linux registered user #352479
totedati
Technological Hen

Previous

Return to Off Topic