Pidgin 2.0.2 / Musictracker Plugin Error on Install?

If you want to talk about your personal paperweight, you've found the right place!

Moderator: Moderators

Pidgin 2.0.2 / Musictracker Plugin Error on Install?

Postby Mellowdrone » Wed Jul 04, 2007 19:49

I know this isn't the best of places to be posting about this, and my apologies for it. I've posted a bug located on the plugin's primary website and will close it if I can find out what this issue is. It could be my lack of experience with Linux, but I'm unsure of this as it currently stands. Regardless, as I said earlier, I'll close the bug immediately and no longer ask the plugin's creator if it's my ignorance being the cause of the problem.

I'm wondering if one of you folks could help me with a slight issue I've been having regarding Pidgin and a plugin for it named Musictracker ( http://code.google.com/p/musictracker/ ).

What Musictracker does: Essentially, Musictracker displays the currently playing song within (taken from the website): Amarok, Rhythmbox, Audacious, XMMS, MPC/MPD, Exaile, Banshee, Quod Libet on Linux. Winamp, Windows Media Player (9+), iTunes, Foobar2000. Much like the plugin of a different name does on MSN for Windows, this plugin basically changes the identity/friendly username to whatever song you're playing at the time it's being played.

Currently running: I'm now running Pidgin 2.0.2. The problem occured when I'd tried to uninstall Pidgin 2.0.0 (with a working Musictracker) and reinstall Pidgin 2.0.2 to find that Musictracker would not compile.

The problem: Musictracker spits the following out upon doing a ./configure:
checking for PIDGIN... configure: error:
*** Pidgin 2.0+ is required to build MusicTracker; please make sure you have the
*** Pidgin development files installed. The latest version of Pidgin is always
*** available at http://pidgin.im/.

I have no idea how to tell this thing to find Pidgin, and I'm unsure as to why it can't find Pidgin to begin with considering it's operational as version 2.0.2? Is there something I'm missing that a newbie like me isn't understanding?

I'll gladly post back results or post elsewhere if it's needed. In any event, my apologies if this is the wrong place for such a request.
Mellowdrone
Young Hen

Return to Off Topic